2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe User Reviews
- Not Available
- No trim specified for this review
- The car is visually stunning, rides and handles well and is beautifully made.
- Fuel economy not great; power adequate but not a Porsche Turbo by any means; expensive.
Finally, someone has taken Porsche on in the niche they've owned for thirty or so years and done a fine job. While more expensive and not as fast as the current Carrera S, the Vantage is plenty quick, makes the 911 look ordinary, and provides driving pleasure and charisma no 911 has had since the last of the air-cooled cars in the late 90s. Build quality, finish and materials are first rate. Also makes the best noises this side of a vintage V12 Ferrari.
On the negative side, outward visibility takes some learning, since there's about 4 feet of the nose that is invisible to the driver and rear quarter vision is mirrors only. Luggage space is marginal, but golf clubs will fit and that's not really what these cars are about, anyway. Sportshift transmission is as good as similar arrangements used by Ferrari, BMW, etc., and works well in fast driving with nifty computer controlled throttle blips on downshifts, but still a bit jerky around town even in comfort mode. Now could we have another 75 or so hp?
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Luxury
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.