1997 BMW 3-Series
- $1,763 - $5,501
The 1997 3-Series is a 2- or 4-door, up to 5-passenger sports coupe, luxury sports coupe, convertible, luxury... read more sports sedan, or sports sedan, available in 7 trims, ranging from the 318ti to the 328ic.
Upon introduction, the 318ti is equipped with a standard 1.9-liter, I4, 138-horsepower engine that achieves 23-mpg in the city and 31-mpg on the highway. The 328ic is equipped with a standard 2.8-liter, I6, 190-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard on both trims, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.
7 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
1997 BMW 3-Series
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Most Viewed New Midsize
( What's this? )
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW Already Considering i5?
We’ve seen the BMW i3, and we sure as heck have seen the i8. Both are shaping up to be competent ...Read Full Review
BMW Developing Lasers for Cars
German luxury automaker BMW says it’s working on integrating lasers into their next generation of ...Read Full Review
BMW Performance Team
The 2012 Olympic Games are right around the corner -- and for the athletes involved, these months...Read Full Review
BMW i3 Hits Top Speed [video]
The all-new BMW i3 electric city car is no speed freak; that’s where the i8 comes in. But how fast...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles