1998 BMW 3-Series
- $1,693 - $4,482
The 1998 3-Series is a 2- or 4-door, up to 5-passenger sports coupe, luxury sports coupe, convertible, luxury... read more sports sedan, or sports sedan, available in 7 trims, ranging from the 318ti to the 328ic. The 1998 3-Series's closest competitors include the Acura Integra, the Saab 900 Convertible, and the Volvo C70 Convertible.
Upon introduction, the 318ti is equipped with a standard 1.9-liter, I4, 138-horsepower engine that achieves 23-mpg in the city and 32-mpg on the highway. The 328ic is equipped with a standard 2.8-liter, I6, 190-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard on both trims, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.
7 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
1998 BMW 3-Series
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Most Viewed New Midsize
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW Performance Team
The 2012 Olympic Games are right around the corner -- and for the athletes involved, these months...Read Full Review
BMW 1 Series dead for 2014
BMW is temporarily abandoning the increasingly competitive and popular compact luxury segment, as it...Read Full Review
BMW X1 testing is underway
It was just a few weeks ago that we got our first glimpse of the next-generation BMW X1, riding arou...Read Full Review
BMW i8 Spyder gets production nod
BMW could be poised to expand its i8 range, beyond the hardtop version of the plug-in hybrid superca...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles