1998 BMW 5-Series
- $2,237 - $5,113
The 1998 5-Series is a 4-door, up to 5-passenger luxury sports sedan, available in 4 trims, ranging from the... read more 528i to the 540i Protection. The 1998 5-Series's closest competitors include the Cadillac Seville, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, and the Volvo S70.
Upon introduction, the 528i is equipped with a standard 2.8-liter, I6, 190-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The 540i Protection is equipped with a standard 4.4-liter, V8, 282-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.
4 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
1998 BMW 5-Series
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Most Viewed New Luxury
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW 1 Series dead for 2014
BMW is temporarily abandoning the increasingly competitive and popular compact luxury segment, as it...Read Full Review
BMW X1 testing is underway
It was just a few weeks ago that we got our first glimpse of the next-generation BMW X1, riding arou...Read Full Review
BMW raises pricing on many models
Buyers interested in a new BMW will start paying a bit more for their Ultimate Driving Machines, beg...Read Full Review
BMW Performance Team
The 2012 Olympic Games are right around the corner -- and for the athletes involved, these months ...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles