2001 BMW 5 Series
525i sedan shown
- $3,867 - $6,621
The 2001 5 Series is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sports sedan, or luxury wagon, available in 6 trims, ranging... read more from the 525i sedan to the 540i sport wagon. The 2001 5 Series's closest competitor is the Mercedes-Benz E-Class.
Upon introduction, the 525i sedan is equipped with a standard 2.5-liter, I6, 184-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard, and a 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The 540i sport wagon is equipped with a standard 4.4-liter, V8, 282-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.
6 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
2001 BMW 5 Series
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Most Viewed New Sporting
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW i3 Hits Top Speed [video]
The all-new BMW i3 electric city car is no speed freak; that’s where the i8 comes in. But how fast...Read Full Review
BMW Considering M8 Supercar?
If you haven’t already noticed, BMW is on the upswing. New cars, new technology, and a loads of ne...Read Full Review
BMW 1 Series dead for 2014
BMW is temporarily abandoning the increasingly competitive and popular compact luxury segment, as it...Read Full Review
BMW X1 testing is underway
It was just a few weeks ago that we got our first glimpse of the next-generation BMW X1, riding arou...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles