2008 BMW 5 Series User Reviews
550i Sedan shown
- $16,829 - $21,841
- No trim specified for this review
- Nice looking, comfortable, fast (when it runs right), powerful
- engine and turbo problems started in the first year
Purchased As New
Eventually BMW admitted that there were problems with the engine/turbo design. Mine had fuel injectors, fuel sensors, and a high pressure fuel pump replaced over the course of 2 to 3 years. I've also had to have the water pump replaced (twice), as well as the battery during the first year, a head light and tail light (year 2), the auxiliary jack fixed and the fan belt came apart.
Stay away from 2004 through 2010 (E60 engine)
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Sedans
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW Performance Team
The 2012 Olympic Games are right around the corner -- and for the athletes involved, these months...Read Full Review
BMW 2 Series specs leaked?
Thanks to spy shots from earlier in the year, we already know what the new BMW 2 Series will look li...Read Full Review
BMW 1 Series dead for 2014
BMW is temporarily abandoning the increasingly competitive and popular compact luxury segment, as it...Read Full Review
BMW X1 testing is underway
It was just a few weeks ago that we got our first glimpse of the next-generation BMW X1, riding arou...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles