2007 BMW 7 Series
There are 23 user reviews for the 750Li Sedan trim shown below
- Very smooth drive
- Non-standard gear shift, terrible navigation
The car has a powerful engine, and its heavy so its got a smooth drive.
Just wish the stubborn design team would enter the 21st century with their "User Interface"...
- why design a gear shift which is so non-standard that a newbie cannot even drive it? Valet parking attendants always grind the gears trying to park and shift the gear.
- put a touch screen on the navigation screen already... I think the company has made its point with the iDrive, and its NOT intuitive. Not earlier, not now. Get on with your ego-- spend the $20 on a touch screen.
Maybe hire Steve Jobs from Apple Computers for a week to straighten their UI?? Why ruin a beautiful thing because of stubborn ego....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Permire highway crusing. excellent handling. Great power reserve
- Learning curve for IDrive. Steering wheel controls
Test drove big (4) high end lux. cars Lexus LS460L, Audi A8L, BMW750LI, Mercedes S class. Each car driven several times, and not just going around the block. Was allowed to bring all except BMW on interstate, though I did test drive the BMW 3 seperate times. Lexus I just couldn,t go for the looks of the car. Even sport model was not up to handling of the others. Wheels to small. Audi had a very rough ride over expansion joints, and wind noise was quite noticable. Was not up to the power of the others. Audi was the one dealer that let me take the car out myself. Mercedes (best looking of the group) provided an excellent ride with BMW being the better handler.
I went with the 750LI, was as quite as the Lexus, with better handling. Best back seat room. Just went on a 200 mile trip between Ft Lauderdale and Orlando on the FLA turnpike. Crusing 90+ was like nothing for the car. Also BMW was the only dealer offering a short term lease (24 months) with model change next year. Looking forward to the 2010 and enjoying my 2008....read morehide
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- nice interior,good fuel economy,nice look and many more
its just a perfect car for me,everything is nice in this car,i think its better than mers s-class!!
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Powerful engine, nice drive and handling, good looks
- Outdated technology, poor stereo, poor example of "top of line" car
After several years in other luxury cars (Lexus, Merc, Audi), I switched to a 2007 750Li with upgraded stereo and sport package. I have had the car for 6+ months now.
While the BMW is a nice car, and I realize it has a faithful following, I believe that this is a poor example for a "top of the line" car.
The pros are clear and listed by all the other postings on this board. But it is time that BMW upgrade some of the technology and features on their flagship cars.
1) entering an address in the GPS using the iDrive is just plain ridiculous. It is a good attempt, and I realize some product manager at BMW is adamant about this invention, but even the iconic Blackberry switched from their thumbwheel to a trackball. Perhaps BMW should do the same... Google maps has been out for a few years now, its about time that the GPS understand addresses on a single line with a comma instead of going back and forth (e.g. 101 Broadway, 10011). Why not allow me to speak the alphabets using the voice system or something to make it really easy?
2) The upgraded stereo sounds pretty average... even my friend's Acura TL has a better stereo. Its been 5 years since in-dash 6-CD changers came out- why does this car have the flimsy CD-magazine taking up my dashboard AND glove box real-estate? And having to use the iDrive menu to change bass and treble is a bit excessive IMO.
3) the windshield wiper lever needs to get out of my gearShift area. Even now I keep hitting the windshield wiper lever instead of the gear shift.
4) All these car manufacturers need to find a place for the driver to put their sunglasses. At one time some cars had a neat pocket in the roof, but now there is just no place to put them in the console (those in-dash pockets are not deep enough).
5) That bluetooth phone button on the steering wheel is too touchy-- hit it accidentally and it will re-dial the last number in its memory.
6) Its about time the iPod cable or interface is standard. It costs $100 for the cable and $700 for the labor to get it installed. Just another thoughtless idea from their product managers.
7) Sometimes even we BMW drivers have to swallow our pride and get groceries in the BMW... how about hooks for cargo nets in the trunk?
My expectations are driven from the fact this is a "top of the line" car in its class, and these above features do NOT cost money- its just making the technology in the car intuitive. My friend's Infinity G35 is a good example of new and innovative technology, so I certainly expect more if not the same from BMW in their high end cars....read morehide
17 out of 25 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- excellent ride, handling and performance
great car, very comfortable, and looks really good. gps system in the car helps alot. the car is very powerful and navagating with the car is very smooth.
6 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent ride, Comfortable, Looks really good (especially with 22' chrome wheels)
- Mud flaps should have been std, can't add iPod module without losing rear entertainment system
My 2007 750Li is really nice, rides good, and has good acceleration for a car as big as it is. Comes with an excellent maintenance plan. Looked at Mercedes S550, Audi, and Lexus. Mercedes S550 is nice but cost so much more for the same options and no maintenance plan. My 750Li is loaded with Bluetooth, park distance, night vision, BMW Assist, active cruise control, comfort access (I really love that, haven't had to use my key but once since I had it and that was for service), and much much more. The salesman and dealership added to the buying experience....read morehide
3 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fast, Agile, and Sporty. handles like a dream
- I drive takes getting used to
This is hands down the best large sedan out. It is for people who like to drive and feel the road. People who like the way Lexus LS or Benz S500 will may think this cars suspension is too stiff. but there is no way either of those cars can handle like the 750. This is the car to get.
5 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
This is my 3rd 7 series. I always put snow tires on all 4 wheels in the winter and have never been stuck. The car is fabulous in the snow as long as your use SNOW TIRES.
The car is a joy to drive on a long distance trip. I will never own another car other than BMW. It has me that spoiled.
5 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Handling, excelleration, design, and sound system
- waiting for the new design
I have owned this car for almost a year,and am still very satisfied with my decision.I test drove mercedes s,audi a8,lexus ls and infiniti m45 , and none came close for the combination of driving ,comfort,and style.I loaded the car with every available option,and the two I am most happy with are, upgraded sound system, and sport suspension.The sport suspension does not effect the comfort of your ride as much as it does the feel for the road..Good luck....read morehide
5 out of 11 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- CD exchange should be included in the standard with GPS navigator.
- Not as good as the other luxury car. Especially, audio system and handling
I checked through the luxury cars. I noticed that BMW should have included CD Exchanged for standard package like the other luxury cars. The CD exchanged is a tiny bit cost for amount of money. I wondered why BMW did not included in the standard package while the other vehicles such as the Honda, Huyndai, or Camery included it in the standard package. This may back off the customers because they do not want to change the CD while driving. This is very disattractive....read morehide
5 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?