2007 BMW X3 User Reviews
3.0si Sports Activity Vehicle shown
- fast manumatic nimble
- tilt steering wheel needs to be more adjustable
Purchased As Used
not to bad fast and fun to drive once you get used it. handels well in bad weather
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Handling, Sunroof, Ergonomics, Heated Seats, Heated Steering Wheel
- automatic transmission is dangerous, jerky acceleration, unpredicatable
I bought this vehicle to be both utility and fun. The problem is that the transmission is so unpredictable in its response its downright dangerous and no fun. Near fatal accidents several times due to lag. Vehicle will almost stutter on take off, which is extremely bad when merging into heavy traffic. BMWNA has yet to fix this after a full year and 6 visits to the shop. Many many many many users are now experiencing and reporting this problem with the 07 model and it is now surfacing in the 08. BMW was replacing them quietly, but now is taking a hard line approach and claiming there is "no problem found". Check the NHTSA site. This vehicle should be recalled. It is reminiscent of the death trap Audi of the 80's. This is not a BMW....read morehide
2 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- very rough riding and unpleasant on an ordinary road==terrible suspension
after driver exits,others cannot exit unless they hirt a certain button--irritating unless you remember every time/. also sun visor when down clears my head by about one half inch--very poorly designed. the oil fill measure stick is very hard to extract and to read except in bright sunshine.
5 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good mpg-for an SUV, handles great for an SUV, great look inside and out
- A/C is a bit weak for South Florida's standards, premium gas only
Great car for what it is a small SUV! You can't expect the fuel efficiency of a car or the ride of one or the space of Hummer, its none of those, but its perfect for me.
4 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good fuel Economy for an SUV, Comfortable Seats
- Vehicle Hesitation to Accelerate
People consistently talk about the bad fuel economy. However, it is quite hard to find another 5000 pound SUV with anything close to it's fuel economy. The I6 helps reduce the waste while putting out a good amount of power. Acceleration is hesistant and can be quite scary at times when you need to speed up quickly. However, 0-60 is still good.
The interior is comfortable, however unless you get wood trim, it's quite dull.
The 50000 miles warranty is a great benefit and gives a epace of mind....read morehide
5 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- gas mileage, quick shifts in automanual, stiff suspension, steering sensitivity.
- accelaration lags a little bit, brake and gas pedal are way too close.
this is overall a good car, i like it. the gas and brake pedal are too close so guys you might have a tough time getting used to. whenever you want it to go and floor it, it lags a tiny bit before you can feel the kick. i like the suspension especially when youre going fast, on bumps though it can be a little nuisance. the automatic transmission with the manual setting is nice. as soon as you move the gear shifter up or down it doesnt take any time to shift. the brakes are good too. it also has a quick steering wheel but it is a little stiff....read morehide
7 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- fast, handles very well, no worries for 50,000 miles
- not the prettiest thing ever on the outside. Not a true 4x4, not the best gas mileage
I frequently run this SUV hard. I live in the middle of nowhere, and will run the cruise control comfortably at 120 mph for over 50 miles at a time. It handles like a car. The inside is nice, and if you read all the reviews, they summarize this car well. I am not a big fan of the outside looks, but the inside with premium package is nice. I didn't get the sports package, do to the inability to put chains on the tires that come with the sport package. The run flat sport package tires are also no good in snow. The stereo is probably not up to par with other high end cars, but It is good enough. I actually leased this vehicle, and the lease payment is probably less than you could buy other competetors...read morehide
11 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- acceleration is quick,turns smoothly,response very well
- very limited space,hard to climb for my 6yrs old daughter
its small and have not enough leg room for the back passenger,the bluetooth is a pain, not enough cup holders in the front and back,the sits are uncomfortable,my 6th yrs old daughter have hard time to climb in although she loves this car,the sound system is wonderful, yet despite the cons,i'm beggining to love this small car,my mercedez -benzML350 is starting to slide dowm to be the 2nd most driven car in my carage.next time I will get the x5 instead....read morehide
6 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Unmistakable BMW in looks and ride. Good ergonomics and comfort, great interior.
- Gas guzzler that requires mid-grade or higher. Tight back seat and cargo area.
Polar opposite of a Lincoln. You can feel the road in this responsive SUV. This is a personal SUV and I don't imagine adults would be too comfortable in the back seat on a long trip, but it's ideal for people who don't require a large SUV, or a 7-passenger vehicle. The split rear seats fold down easily, which gains lots of cargo space. It's a sports car in an SUV body....read morehide
8 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- i love the comfort of the front seat. i also love the performance and bmw name
- i hate that there is a minimum amount of wood and its styling is a bit chunky
this car fits someone who uses it alot i have 3 other cars my wifes mecedes R500 a ferrari f430 and an 06 bmw x5 i rarely use my x3 and i haven`t had many problems with it but i am a tall person and my head almost touches the roof!!! i hope bmw can perfect this car!!!!
12 out of 19 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Compact
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW Considering M8 Supercar?
If you haven’t already noticed, BMW is on the upswing. New cars, new technology, and a loads of ne...Read Full Review
BMW i8 Spyder gets production nod
BMW could be poised to expand its i8 range, beyond the hardtop version of the plug-in hybrid superca...Read Full Review
BMW 1 Series dead for 2014
BMW is temporarily abandoning the increasingly competitive and popular compact luxury segment, as it...Read Full Review
BMW X1 testing is underway
It was just a few weeks ago that we got our first glimpse of the next-generation BMW X1, riding arou...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles