2008 BMW X5 User Reviews
3.0si Sports Activity Vehicle shown
- $22,052 - $26,061
- No trim specified for this review
- Style. Safety. Hugs the road. Service included.
- low MPG. i-drive. overall finish. stereo system glitches. 3.0 is sluggish. expensive.
Alright, this is my 18,000 mile report for the 2007 X5 3.0, same as 2008.
The pluses are self explanatory. The negatives:
- i-drive will drive you nuts at times with illogical navigation.
- blue-tooth compatibility and reliability is spotty. Test your phone before you buy, and oh, the dealer will not tell you that there is a list of approved phones. If you use anything else and damage your electronics, the warranty is void.
- when connecting your ipod/mp3 through the auxillary plug, the audio reverts to the radio input EVERY time you turn off the car. Very annoying since you have to increase the volume way high to hear anything, so now the radio blares every time you start the car. After so many years in business, a glitch like this is simply unacceptable.
- with the audio off, you sometimes can still hear the radio in a faint background, like a ghost...
- the leather is wearing off quick in the Florida sun... Also the door trim to the glove compartment peeled off in the sun 2 months ago. The glue is apparently not UV resistant.
- when you slow dow to almost a stop and press the gas, there is tremendous hesitation and the car jerks as finally it wakes up.
- if you suddenly press on the gas while driving, do not expect responsiveness, it takes a bit to wake up this behemoth. Go for the larger engine if you want power.
- tire wear is high, and expect to change tires between 20-24k. and the run-flats cost an arm and a leg...
- suspension is tight and ride can be rough for people with back problems.
- gas mileage is abyssmal...
- black trim pieces are fading badly in florida sun...
- way overpriced vehicle for the quality.
Lastly, BMW never acknowledges issues, as their drones keep repeating "the ultimate driving machine". Sorry good, but not so ultimate.
Get it for the looks and the safety. I did.
34 out of 73 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW 1 Series dead for 2014
BMW is temporarily abandoning the increasingly competitive and popular compact luxury segment, as it...Read Full Review
BMW X1 testing is underway
It was just a few weeks ago that we got our first glimpse of the next-generation BMW X1, riding arou...Read Full Review
BMW i3 Hits Top Speed [video]
The all-new BMW i3 electric city car is no speed freak; that’s where the i8 comes in. But how fast...Read Full Review
BMW Already Considering i5?
We’ve seen the BMW i3, and we sure as heck have seen the i8. Both are shaping up to be competent ...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles