2008 BMW X5 User Reviews
4.8i Sports Activity Vehicle shown
- $22,052 - $26,061
- No trim specified for this review
- Style. Safety. Hugs the road. Service included.
- low MPG. i-drive. overall finish. stereo system glitches. 3.0 is sluggish. expensive.
Alright, this is my 18,000 mile report for the 2007 X5 3.0, same as 2008.
The pluses are self explanatory. The negatives:
- i-drive will drive you nuts at times with illogical navigation.
- blue-tooth compatibility and reliability is spotty. Test your phone before you buy, and oh, the dealer will not tell you that there is a list of approved phones. If you use anything else and damage your electronics, the warranty is void.
- when connecting your ipod/mp3 through the auxillary plug, the audio reverts to the radio input EVERY time you turn off the car. Very annoying since you have to increase the volume way high to hear anything, so now the radio blares every time you start the car. After so many years in business, a glitch like this is simply unacceptable.
- with the audio off, you sometimes can still hear the radio in a faint background, like a ghost...
- the leather is wearing off quick in the Florida sun... Also the door trim to the glove compartment peeled off in the sun 2 months ago. The glue is apparently not UV resistant.
- when you slow dow to almost a stop and press the gas, there is tremendous hesitation and the car jerks as finally it wakes up.
- if you suddenly press on the gas while driving, do not expect responsiveness, it takes a bit to wake up this behemoth. Go for the larger engine if you want power.
- tire wear is high, and expect to change tires between 20-24k. and the run-flats cost an arm and a leg...
- suspension is tight and ride can be rough for people with back problems.
- gas mileage is abyssmal...
- black trim pieces are fading badly in florida sun...
- way overpriced vehicle for the quality.
Lastly, BMW never acknowledges issues, as their drones keep repeating "the ultimate driving machine". Sorry good, but not so ultimate.
Get it for the looks and the safety. I did.
34 out of 73 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Midsize
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
BMW News & Articles
BMW X4 slantback is nearly here
Another day, another new BMW spied. Sometimes it feels like Bimmer is developing so many new models ...Read Full Review
BMW Already Considering i5?
We’ve seen the BMW i3, and we sure as heck have seen the i8. Both are shaping up to be competent ...Read Full Review
BMW Details New Proactive Driving Assistant
If you think your current car is clever with adaptive headlights, rain-sensing wipers and the abilit...Read Full Review
BMW 2 Series specs leaked?
Thanks to spy shots from earlier in the year, we already know what the new BMW 2 Series will look li...Read Full Review
- More BMW News & Articles