2008 Cadillac DTS User Reviews
Luxury III shown
- $14,030 - $16,400
- Great ride, creature comforts and room
- High depreciation hurts image and trade-in value
I have been driving Mercedes Benz (C 280 & E 320) and Lexus (RX 320) for the past ten years and have been satisfied overall. However, neither of them comes close to the ride and comfort I have with the DTS Luxury II. The qualily seems pretty good, but time and mileage will be the true test of that. If, in three years, it still rides and performs as good as it does now, I will never again buy foreign. I hope Cadillac continues to build the DTS....read morehide
6 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Surprising fuel economy, So many features, quite
- It didn't come with a bar in the back seat.
1st tank I'm getting 22.5 mpg. Sound from radio is teriffic. Lack of sound from the car and cars around you. The feel when driving can't be better. The lights perform as well as possible.
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Ample interior room, performance & handling good for a large car
- Build quality(quality control)is very poor, MPG is naturally low.
Car was in the shop for three days at less than 500 miles for a bad drive axle and CV joint. Again in the shop at 2000 miles for a bad Lane Departure Module(an option I don't need, but which I paid for because it was part of the "Platinum" package). Dealer did not offer a loaner car in either of these returns. Seems odd to spend $55K+ for a car and be left on foot because GM has poor build quality. This is the first American car I have purchased in 20 years and it will be the last!...read morehide
1 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- luxurious comfort, blingin' style and performance
- no automatic release parking brake, no interior gas cover release.
my mom traded her '02 deville in for this car and took it out for its first road trip this weekend, she got 25+ mpg going over the sierra nevada mountains. ride is smoother than her '02 and takes the hills much better. the overdrive on this thing is awesome, it will acheive runaway speeds going down hill....read morehide
6 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- I HAVE A 2000 DEVILLE,AND I LOVE IT .i HAVE LOOKED TO TRADE IN BUT I CANT FIND ANYTHING THAT COMPARE
- i,M 39 SO I FEEL ITS TO BIG FOR ME,I HAVE HAD HER SINCE NEW ,BUT THE 2008 ARE JUST AS BIG TOO
THIS IS MY 3RD CADDI.MY FIRST 2 WERE STS,I TRY,D 05 FOR 2MTHS,AND I LIKED IT BUT I COULDNT GET USEDT TO THE NO KEY THING,MY HUSBAND DIDNT THINK IT HAD ENOUGH LEG ROOM FOR DRIVING,BUT HES BIGGER THAN ME.I TRULY COULD ENJOY THIS CAR PERFECT SIZE FOR ME ALSO.
4 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great looking car, fun to drive, Handling & braking are excellent. Great power & acceleration.
- Center console to small, Electrical poblems, navigation system is cheap
Car is very roomy and comfortable, quiet, I love the car. but, the navigation system is not up to standards. Struts had to be replaced.
Vehicle in shop to much. I drive 2006 DTS alot, do alot of traveling. The warranty is almost up. I don't get recall letters from GMC. The dealer is very helpful. I had to many small problems with the car. I hope all has been taking care of.
If you want a roomy, classy car with a good ride this is the one....read morehide
5 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- nice looks, nice stereo, alright car
- Super ugly, bad, dim, L.E.D. interior lights. Useless center console (too small)
As above, alright car, although Cadillac's glory days are long gone. Caddie's have lost most of their class and luxury, and are indeed a tacky car nowadays.
Super bad, dim, ugly interior L.E.D. lighting.
Center console is oddly shaped and can barely store a #10 standard letter envelope....read morehide
5 out of 19 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- comfortable ride, quiet, quick on fast pick-up, love the xm radio/wonderful stereo sound,
- so far---NONE
I love this car. Had a lincoln town car(cartier) and was thinking lincoln again. However, decided to try a test drive in the DTS and fell in love!!! I got the cognac frost color and it's really gorgeous. I almost hate to come to the end of drive--could drive forever in it. The dock for my i-pod, the xm radio, and the on-star/hands-free telephone are great. The dealer put a sun roof in and the car is complete!!!! Love it!! Love it!!...read morehide
24 out of 27 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Cadillac News & Articles
Cadillac XTS and Lincoln MKS reviews
Two big, opulent American sedans fall short of expectations.Read Full Review
Cadillac Shows Off 2015 Escalade Interior
Only five more days until we get our first glimpse of the all-new Cadillac Escalade — making its w...Read Full Review
Cadillac Takes 'CUE' From Apple iPad
Cadillac is taking its “cue” from Apple and will build an iPad-like interface into its cars sta...Read Full Review
Cadillac ELR vs. BMW i3
Think of the ELR as Cadillac's new Corvette, a "halo" car that helps elevate the brand.Read Full Review
- More Cadillac News & Articles