2008 Cadillac SRX User Reviews
- $14,008 - $17,188
Purchased As New
My 2008 SRX has the 20" wheel set and needed REAR brakes at 16,500 miles. Service at Cadillac says they see that all the time. with that particular wheel set. Obviously a design flaw. GM denied the problem and would not waive or assist with the $259 bill. Anybody else see this. (very disappointed with GM's response - they kept saying warranty only covers bumper to bumper, in broken English, I might add.)...read morehide
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great fuel economy (avg 18mpg city), smooooth ride!
- third row seats need to have some depth for leg room
Purchased As Used
I absolutely love this cross-over and if they don't change to much I'll buy it again when it's time to get another one. I'm in Colorado so I've driven it on ice, up mountains, all the way to Chicago and another time to California. The comfort and mileage on the highway matched my friends economy Hyundai SUV when we stopped to gas up along the way, and I can guarantee you, both my passengers and I were enjoying the ride much more! Exceptional vehicle!...read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Luxury car w/o the luxury price tag | Bold, beautiful and unique in every way
(1) V6 fuel economy - we get 18-20mpg average City + Highway driving; 25+ mpg on pure Highway (350-mile range)
(2) AWD - 50/50 torque split gives it the best handling in bad, Northeast winter weather; it rivals my friend's BMW 328 sedan in handling and cornering
(3) Long wheelbase - gives it confident stability in any road condition
(4) Not-too-long wheelbase - it is a Cadillac CTS afterall, so it's easier to park and maneuver in tight spots, unlike big brother Escalade which is a full-size truck with full-size maneuverability limitations
(5) Award-winning interior - the re-design in 2007 is well worth the wait, Ward's Auto actually gave the SRX the "Best Interior" award in its class
(6) Luxury amenities - heated leather seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive remote start (not your usual remote starter), power-adjust everything -- with memory, voice-recog navigation system, 5-foot glass roof, power-fold 3rd row, HID headlights + LED tail lights
(7) 2nd Row Leg Room - the second row is the biggest I've seen in a CUV or SUV of this class; it is a Cadillac afterall, so it's got the plush supple ride without the truck feeling
(8) The Price! We got fully-loaded '08 V6 for a shade over $35k, because of GM Red Tag sale plus all other rebates/incentives.
(2) OK, I guess I have to have one criticism at least. So I'll just say that I wish the V6 engine had a little more punch to it. Drove the NJ Turnpike and GS Parkway up and down with 7 people inside and a few shopping bags, and power was decent. I bet the V8 would have had more kick, but I chose fuel economy more than the power. Can't have everything, I guess.
The bad economy has its perks afterall. We were able to afford an otherwise $50k car, and now we're riding in style. Here in Northern New Jersey, where Toyotas and Hondas populate mall parking lots and BMW reigns supreme, our Cadillac is a sight for sore eyes. It's a luxury car in every sense, with a unique and beautiful design. The car stands out in a sea of Japanese imports, and the PERCEPTION of poor quality on American cars is simply just that: a misinformed notion. Buick ranks #1 in quality, followed by Lexus. Cadillac is #3 in quality. Hyundai is #5 and easily beat out Toyota and Honda. Check JD Powers if you want....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Drives/Rides wonderful, very sleek appearance, incredible options on vehicle, roomy interior,
- fuel economy is worst thing on this vehicle
Comparing the V6 SRX to the V6 BMW X5 that I previously owned, the only thing I can say that I miss about the BMW is the fuel economy was way better. Otherwise, the handling, features/options, are far more better than the BMW X5, and dollar to dollar you totally get more for your dollar with the SRX. Now if they could just do something about the fuel economy of the car it would rate excellent overall for me....read morehide
22 out of 26 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- great looks, nice ride and handling, comfort
- gas mileage only OK
After looking at the Acura MDX and the Lexus RX 350, I settled on the SXR. I am very happy with the decision and the fact that I bought American. The deal was great and the dealer was a pleasure to work with. So far I have enjoyed the car immensely. I can't wait to use the super sized sun roof. The new interior is beautiful and comfortable. I have the sport package with the blacked out grill, 20 inch rims and large dual exhausts. Very striking! Even my wife loves this car/suv. So does my black lab. More than enough room for her in the back....read morehide
29 out of 35 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Interior is roomy and well appointed. The ultra view roof when open is spectacular
- Third row seating needs more room
I've driven the SRX for six months now and I simply love it. It performs well, the comfort of the occupants is great. Interior is well made and has the look and feel of the luxury European models. Love the exterior with the dual chrome exhaust tips.
22 out of 29 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Wonderful gas mileage, excellent navigation.
- Very smooth ride, maneuvers very well; it could drive itself.
Luxurious, comfortable with seat and steering wheel warmers, Bose sound system and retractable roof are extraordinary... cookies after purchase from Wayne Massy of Massey Cadillac... perfect!
32 out of 35 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- It would nice to see this vehicle become a hybrid also.
- This car handles VERY well and the ride is very smooth
I have only four words for this vehicle LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! I will definitely purchase another Cadillac when I need another vehicle. Let's just say this car is good enough for God. It is THAT good!
I own a white diamond color but I like to call the color PEARL.
Thank you Cadillac.....GREAT JOB on this vehicle!!!!
24 out of 30 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very quiet, great Bose stereo, great handling, the Northstar V-8 is great!
- Having computer/electrical system problems--no a/c, radio/nav, ONSTAR at times.
This is my second SRX. Last one was an '05 V-6 SRX. Wanted the Northstar V-8 for better performance, passing ability and towing capability. The V-8 is a kick especially if you throw a tank of premium in it. Passing on two-lanes roads is spectacular for an all-wheel drive vehicle of this wieght. It's well-balanced, inspires confidence and offers none of the more negative truck-like qualities of typical SUV-type vehicles.
It is a gorgeous car in the Black Cherry with the Sport Package and 20" polished aluminum wheels. The '08 is significantly improved in quietness, handling, and overall appearance both inside and out. It is the perfect balance of handling, performance and ability to handle the snow with the ESC which is positively outstanding in the snow. The heated steering wheel is sweet!
I am having a problem on cold mornings with the a/c system, radio/nav, ONSTAR and outside air temp on the dash all being inop until about 30 minutes into the drive when it all turns on by itself. Naturally, it hasn't done it the two times I've taken it to the dealer. It seems to be a cold weather (freezing or lower) glitch. I'm sure it's just a bad computer.
Also, the forward dash pad has a small separation forming along the seem and I have an irritating "plastic-on-plastic" creak coming from somewhere in the back. These kinds of things shouldn't happen on a car with a $53,390.00 sticker and if they persist and can't be fixed by the dealer, I will be asking for a replacement.
I had zero issues with my '05 and Cadillac is excellent at taking care of these kind of issues, so I think this one may just have some "teething pains".
Overall, this is a great ride that can do most everything well....read morehide
10 out of 18 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Smooth, quiet, powerful. A great car for those us buying our first SUV type of vehicle.
It is very difficult to find anything seriously wrong with this car. I would like the raido seek control to be on the steering wheel I guess. And maybe the cup holder in the front could placed better. I love this car and encourage everyone to at least test drive it. My last car was a Pontia Grand Prix GTP with the super charged 3.8 L engine. I expected a big drop off in handling and power, but it didn't happen. This is a very nice car....read morehide
26 out of 30 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Midsize
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Cadillac News & Articles
Cadillac XTS and Lincoln MKS reviews
Two big, opulent American sedans fall short of expectations.Read Full Review
Cadillac Takes 'CUE' From Apple iPad
Cadillac is taking its “cue” from Apple and will build an iPad-like interface into its cars sta...Read Full Review
Cadillac ELR vs. BMW i3
Think of the ELR as Cadillac's new Corvette, a "halo" car that helps elevate the brand.Read Full Review
Cadillac Sheds its Old Logo
Cadillac has come a long way in the last 15 years or so. The brand was once known for marketing over...Read Full Review
- More Cadillac News & Articles