2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2WD User Reviews
LS Short Box shown
- $5,345 - $7,498
- great value for the dollar; WT comes with good comfort features; paint and finish details great:
- v-6 struggles on hills; not good trailering vehicle; no arm rest in center
This truck was a great value paid onl;y $14,280 for a complete Silverado truck with air, PS auto CD stero,HD suspension,17"tires,bumper and cruise control GMAC would not finance me(the bums, I have paid them over $150,000 in past loans I hate GMAC and hope they go broke) my banker paid me extra over the value of the truck to finance it for me...read morehide
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
I wasn't a truck person until I bought a 1500 in 1992. For financial reasons, I had to let it go last year; that's the longest I've ever owned a vehicle of any kind. I missed it so much that I couldn't stand it. Now I'm the proud owner of a 2005 and I hope to keep this one even longer. I've only got 300 miles on it so far, so I can't judge dependability yet. But, if it's anything close to my '92, I'll be more than satisfied. Right now, I'm just enjoying the looks, feel, and power....read morehide
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- The V8, 4.8 liter, gets great fuel economy. I am averaging around 21 mpg.
- Chevy doesn't have the best interior, but it's a truck. I didn't buy it for that.
I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a good running, solid pickup. I am sure I will get many years of enjoyment from it.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- The truck witj the 4.8v8 is all you could ask for. I love the look and feel of this vehicle.
- I really can't think of one bad thing to say about it.
The Silverado 1500 is the perfect fit for me. I use it for hauling 8 foot length firewood and other carrying needs. It works effortly with a box of full length firewood. It rides beautifully and very smoothly. This the third worktruck I have had and one was the 6 cylinder and it didn't have the power of the v8 but it was adequate. I l;ove the styling of the truck especially its new squarer front end. I find the tailights to be a nice change also. When it comes to gas mileage the v8 does better per mile than does the 6. The truck is all I expected and more....read morehide
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- 4.3 v-6/ 5spd manual; Good Highway Fuel Economy, Nice ride
- Cheap interior, seats uncomfortable, low torque
In their base "Work Truck" model, Ford, let's face it, has got the upper hand when it comes to "style". To stay competitive, GM should consider offering a bit more 'beef' in their base model "Work Truck" --- the problem with GM's standard 4.3 v-6 / 5 spd manual is (very) low power. I know how important it is for the Dealer to be able to upsell the average customer to a V-8, but many who use their truck for (acutally) work like the 'bare-bones' features of the W/T and don't want to make the $4,000 jump in MSRP to the next model up.
It would be nice if GM decided to retire the aged 4.3 v-6 and go to the 4.1 Inline 6 cyl as a standard feature --- offering that engine with 3:73 rear-end in the "Work Truck" package would assure GM of continued success in the light duty segment, especially in the blue collar (construction trades, light delivery, etc.) market segment ---
GM might be able to draw from Fords light duty segment with a 'brawn over beauty' approach....read morehide
20 out of 27 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Full Size/Standard Pickups
MSRP $33,700 - $44,4050 stars
MSRP $35,735 - $53,300
MSRP $44,035 - $46,935
MSRP $33,685 - $48,170
MSRP $30,635 - $45,110
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.