2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 4WD User Reviews
Work Truck Short Box shown
- $7,153 - $10,380
- great fuel economy, plenty of power. very firm ride
really like the truck have had GMC/CHEVY except for one ford boy that was a mistake. This is a truck that in this trim level is still a truck not some fancy grocery getter.It love to work
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- great power with 4.10 gears, dual climate control, auto dimming mirror
- rough ride, very poor brakes compared to competition, bad cup holder location
All in all i would never buy anything other than a chevy however, Brakes have been poor in the silverados for years. I just wish they would make them feel less spongy! It would be nice if there was a cup holder in the flip down center console. Another nice change would be if the windsheild wipers could be flipped off the windsheild for cleaning (most other vehicles have this). It is still a great truck with incredible power and great looks but the little things need work....read morehide
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent performance and gas mileage. Looks great.
- Could use a bit more adjustablility on the steering column and the seats.
I bought this truck with the 5.3 L and it has really surprised me with both excellent power and mileage. I get 23 mpg on trips and 16 in town. I still cannot get over how stout the engine is and how easily the truck maintains its speed up steep interstate grades. You will notice that most other cars do not. So driving a very hilly interstate can be tiresome with all of the times you have to tap the brake to disengage the cruise.
The interior is very nice and it rides quietly, but I wish GM had made the steering column telescopic. Maybe I should have ordered the seat with the extra adjustments. All in all though it rides and handles excellently.
I got the sandstone metallic and it is a really pretty truck that doesn't show dirt badly.
I am very pleased with this purchase....read morehide
14 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Trucks
MSRP $21,475 - $28,1855 stars
MSRP $17,625 - $26,775
MSRP $33,700 - $44,405
MSRP $35,735 - $53,300
MSRP $44,035 - $46,935
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.