2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 4WD User Reviews
LS Standard Box shown
- $8,286 - $12,131
- No trim specified for this review
- fuel economy was ok, for awhile..
- they're ok..
I had a 1999 long bed 4X4 with the 5.3L and A/T. It used a lot of fuel. And, as for what the dude in N.C. says about the front bumper scraping, GM sacrificed off-road capability for aerodynamics, as I had the same problems. My 2003 4X4 with the 5.3L and A/T had more power and got better highway mileage, for the first 20,000 miles. After 20K, mileage dropped. The 2006 is basically the same as my 2003, without the four-wheel disc brakes. Let me just say that the current Ford is a better truck than the Chevy, but the Tundra continues to be the best pick of the current lot. Both of my Chevys had to go back to the dealer for correction of computer issues and transmission problems.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.