2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 4WD User Reviews
LS Standard Box shown
- $8,286 - $12,131
- No trim specified for this review
- Does well on fuel about 16 all around driving abd 20 on the highway, w/ K&N and Flowmaster ext
- Ride is terrible, vibrates and rides rough
I have had my truck a 2005 Chev Silverado Z-71 in the shop four times for the rough ride and vibration. They have a Technical Service Bulletin that says to add three to five hundred pounds of weight to the rear in the bed to see if that eliminates the vibration and if that is the problem then you have to live with it because that the way they ride. My dealer has tried to help by changing tires and is now checking on replacing the shocks to see if that will help. One GM district rep approved paying half on a fibergless camper shell to add weight to the rear of another truck, never heard if this helped. The weight helps mine a bit but I don't see having to ride around with 300 pounds of excess weught in a new truck so you can drive it without being shaken to death.
5 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Trucks
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.