2009 Chevrolet HHR User Reviews
- $8,696 - $11,713
- Storage, Fuel, handling
- Cup holders are in odd place
We rented this vehicle when we went back for our wedding this August and we packed it FULL of stuff there and back and still managed to get 29.6mpg. We get that in our CAR! I couldnt believe it we are definately looking into this to buy. Its not overwhelming when your driving it either. Easy to park easy to back out and fun to drive! We drove over 3500 miles and I had no complaints plenty of leg room....read morehide
45 out of 93 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good fuel econ, yet has get-up-and-go. Handles well.
- Interior redesign is needed for convenience, brake rotor problems, but fixed with warranty.
My HHR is a 2006 and I have 29K miles on it. I love the ride. It is still like brand new to me. My wife has a Nissan, and always asks to drive my Chevy. I was skeptical about a first year vehicle, but I loved the look and the test drive sold me. I'd buy it again.
43 out of 86 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Terrific on fuel mileage...on a 200 mile trip I averaged 37mpg (hwy). Mostly in town I get 26mpg.
- Have had it back to dealership 3 times for brake rotor replacements.
Overall, I love my 2006 HHR 2LT. One thing though, when rear windows are down, sounds like a helicopter is directly over you, it's loud. It's a fun car to drive, accelerates great. Cute too!
47 out of 83 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great fuel economy with the 2.4L - pulled down 34MPG over a good portionof a trip around Lk Superior
- coolant temp sometimes does not register when start-up temperature is between 25 to 35 degrees
I've owned a '73 Chevelle, '84 S10, '90 K1500 (still going with 210k miles) and an '02 Silverado (traded in with 120k miles on the HHR). The HHR is equally fun to drive as the '90 K1500 when it was new (350 V8 and a 5 speed manual), but much more economical, a better value and has many more creature comforts than even my '02 Silverado in LT trim. I would not do without XM radio ever again and the drivers seat in leather with power lumbar support is a nicety. My only wishes are the passenger seat having the same controls/comforts and the option for a rear seat entertainment system. I have to keep reminding myself that this was supposed to be an economy vehicle and not a Denali replacement - great execution on this compact wagon....read morehide
36 out of 80 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great fuel economy for a 2.2Lt eng.
- Can't check the transmision oil, no dip stick...
Nice heritage look. It's a Chevrolet, so parts are easy to find and well priced. Comfortable inside, great for long trips. I got 575 miles out of one tank of gas on a non stop trip across the states. It's well priced under 20,000$ One of my best investments...
64 out of 97 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- It's a blast to drive and has a ton of storage space, make sure to get the 5 speed for the best perf
- Seats don't support well
Great car, I've owned it for a week. I love it! Fun, fast, safe with lots of useable space. Faster and handels better than a VW GTi.
54 out of 91 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great looks, solid ride, powerful considering its gas efficiency, solid build
I have owned several chevrolet trucks and none of them squeeked. All were well made, went over 200k and had no problems. The HHR is not really a truck but whatever it is: SUV/Car/Truck, it is no exception. I love the solid ride, I love the no BS well made interior. Controls are well placed, excellent design. Exterior is best design for the price. You either love it or you don't. If you don't then you have bad taste. The HHR rides beautifully, powerful when you need it, very fuel efficient, solid handling, unbelievably smooth steering, great everything. Can't think of anything to complain about and never will....read morehide
67 out of 99 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Comfortable, quiet cruising, attractive dash layout, good value
- Engine revs loudly on acceleration (2.4L), steering a bit too light, no V6 option
A very comfortable, quiet vehicle with interesting styling at a price that represented a very good value. We're going to buy a second.
34 out of 68 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great handling,very quick
- Breaks sometimes do not work after setting for two days
Interior has too many squeeks..This is a problem with every Chevy truck that i have ever owned.You would think they could solve this.
39 out of 82 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Chevrolet News & Articles
Chevrolet unveils its SEMA lineup [w/video]
Hype surrounding this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association ( SEMA) show next month started ...Read Full Review
Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible: Fast Fall Driving
I drove the Chevrolet Camaro after Labor Day. In my mind, autumn is prime convertible season. Wh...Read Full Review
Chevrolet unveils 580-hp Camaro ZL1 convertible
General Motors has released some early details about its most powerful Chevy convertible of all-time...Read Full Review
Chevrolet Volt: An Electric Meditation on the Future
The Chevrolet Volt is the first production car I’ve driven that feels like the future.My initial ...Read Full Review
- More Chevrolet News & Articles