2011 Chevrolet HHR User Reviews
- $11,317 - $11,952
- Great fuel economy; looks great; runs perfect
- Car battery location; short windshield
Purchased As Used
I love this car! I got it when my beloved Rav4 was totaled, and it's been a fantastic car for the money. I bought it used at Carmax with only 31,000 miles (it is a 2007 model) and fell in love with its handling, the roomy interior, the great brakes, fuel economy and, of course, its attractive retro looks!
The seats are fantastic and easy to fold down. I love the look of the dash, and having the little "hatch" on the dashboard to put things in is fantastic. I also love the window controls on the center console. I think it has decent pickup on the freeway, too. Overall, it's just a comfortable, fun drive.
A few things to be aware of:
1) The battery is located in the REAR of the car. It's tucked in with the spare tire. Found this out when I jumped a co-worker's car and couldn't find the battery under the hood!
2) The windshield is very small. You won't be able to use those folding sunscreens because they are all too large. (This is a major issue here in AZ)
3) I was rear-ended recently and the back of the car crumbled pretty badly. That bumper won't do much. So drive safely!
Overall though... even with the minor quirks, this is one of my favorite cars ever and I hope to drive this one for as long as I can!...read morehide
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- Great gas mileage, beautiful retro car
- not enough quick acceleration, short front window
Purchased As New
I love my HHR. Everytime I see it, I smile. I have 45k miles, not one problem. I do reqular oil changes. I am comfortable, the a/c/heat works great. The leather looks brand new. The car stills looks off the dealer showroom. The short front windshield took some getting used too. I love the middle placement of the window controls. Back seats fold down flat. gadety and little storage compartments hidden throughout. I have hauled wood studs, siding, pipes, lots of stuff and I looked cool doing it. My other car is a 08 jetta, it's got great acceleration for Houston traffic. But I've had some small issues that are totally annoying and it's ugly. Cup holders NOT WIDE ENOUGH!...read morehide
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- all around good vehical
- front brakes
Purchased As New
My daughter loves her 2007 hhr, she is in the horse buisness so she uses it well, the only problem is the front brakes gm refuses to admit any problems. 3 sets of warpted rotors in 70,000 kl
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good fuel economy. Great price.
- No vents in backseat for air.
Purchased As Used
I purchased a 2009 HHR, with 5000 miles in June. The only problem is that ignition switch locked and I couldn't turn the key to start the car. It was towed for free and fixed for free. It's still under warrenty. I love the car and have taken it on 2 trips so far. It doesn't have amazing pick up on hills, but I've driven worse. It gets great gas mileage, and has 3 cup holders. A plus from the 1 I had before. The only drawback is that there are no vents in the backseat so the passengers can get better airflow....read morehide
13 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Chevrolet News & Articles
Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible: Fast Fall Driving
I drove the Chevrolet Camaro after Labor Day. In my mind, autumn is prime convertible season. W...Read Full Review
Chevrolet says Corvette ZR1 not under consideration
Don't expect a halo ZR1 model to follow on the heels of the all-new Corvette Z06, says Chevrolet...Read Full Review
Chevrolet unveils 580-hp Camaro ZL1 convertible
General Motors has released some early details about its most powerful Chevy convertible of all-time...Read Full Review
Chevrolet unveils its SEMA lineup [w/video]
Hype surrounding this year's Specialty Equipment Market Association ( SEMA) show next month started ...Read Full Review
- More Chevrolet News & Articles