2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
There are 9 user reviews for the GT trim shown below
- its good i travle with mine
- its very nice
Purchased As Used
I just got mine in idk helf the stuff it has I need help lol I love it its a great car wish I new more about it tho any pointers
1 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Get up and go, Style, low in torque
- Turning circle, gas MPG only 17.5 after 1200 miles mixed drving
Good pick-up, with a few goodies, K and N air filter, and high performance plug wires, 0-60 time 6.7 sec 1/4 mile in 14.9 at 93 mph, power at any speed. Very nice stylingv and retro interior but the best part dealers are willing to deal, just got the HO 06 230HP for 18,000 MSRP was 26,000 best bang for the buck out there...read morehide
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Turbo engine, fast fast. Sound system, wheels.
- Turn ratio, seats too high, poor gas mileage, no telescoping steering wheel,brake dust
This car has given me or my wife absolutely no problems after 12k miles. The turbo engine (218HP) is a must compared to the regular. Passing on the highway is very easy, nothing to envy any sports car. Regular gasoline works fine eventhough premium is recommended. For a 4 cylinder, gas mileage is poor. I am 6'3 and my problem driving this vehicle is that the sunroof takes a lot of headroom. I end up reclining the seat in a way that gives me back pain after driving for a while. Seat should be able to go down further to accomodate tall drivers. Turn radius is horrible. If you are going to make an u turn, make sure there are no cars coming cause unless you have 3 lanes space, you are going to have to hit reverse. In terms of quality and reliability, car is excellent....read morehide
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- ENGINE, SUSPENSION AND BRAKES
- SMALL GAS TANK
I OWN A BLACK GT, AN I STRONG RECOMENDED THIS CAR. IS A REALY FAST CAR ESPECIAL LOOK, AND FUNY TO DRIVE
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great look and style! Lots of leg room in front and back. Great get-up-and-go.
- Fuel economy could be better. High Performance fuel recommended. Tires expensive to replace!
The GT really performs very well. My first Cruiser was a Limited Edition. I like the GT much better, what a big difference the turbo charger makes.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good back support, good pickup speed, and sexy appearance.
- turning radius is too wide, the side mirrors are too small.
I have purchased a fully loaded chrome 2004 GT. This is how I feel about it:
- It can take off like my BMW 330i.
- Internal leather is as good as my BMW.
- The back seat is much roomier than my BMW.
- On local, it drinks gas like my BMW. On the free way when the turbo come in, it drinks gas like a bus.
- Suspension is worse than my 1997 Side Kick.
- The storage area is bigger than my Side Kick.
- Similar as my BMW, whenever I pass by, every one will look at it.
- If anyone is searching for a girl friend, purchase a fully loaded PT GT because this is one of the most �girl attractive� car....read morehide
7 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- The Turbo....step on it and it launches you. Huge plus at any speed.
- Rear wiper clicks. Turning radius is too large. Rolls a bit in turns at low speeds.
Turbo is addictive, when it kicks in the gas goes down...but it's such a blast to drive. GT is decked out w/ all the bells and whistles, love the heated seats, our first vehicle with this feature--all our future buys will have this! Much more versatile than our 04 BMW 525i and easier to maneuver on roads in Europe. Overall, VERY pleased with our purchase, turns heads on a regular basis!...read morehide
24 out of 24 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- I have an 05 GT PT - I don't like the grill on the 06 - don't take out the retro!!!! GPS - okay!
- I don't find this to be on the 05 - why would the 06 be any different - they are terrific cars!
I drive an 05 - go back to the shiny great looking grills! Don't take the retro out of the car. This was built for the 60's and 70's generation - their replacement for hot rods. Chrome it up! The gas mileage however, leaves alot to be desired - I would like to see better there. Comfort - for those getting in and out of cars that have problems sliding "way down" in or pulling themselves way up to get out - this car is very convenient. It is also comfortable on long trips. We owned a Dodge Avenger for 5 years - as with all dodge/chrysler that we have driven over the years - brakes need alot of work as of yet. These cars seem to wear them out quickly. Doesn't take bumps well - short suspension - but you can't have everything on a car unlesss you are driving as $40-50,000 automobile. Don't stop making the PT Cruiser!...read morehide
23 out of 25 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- fairly good on gas, great handling, love the color blue not many around in the GT, shape of the car
- turning radius is to large
When the PT Cruisers first came out I thought they were the ugliest cars on this Earth.... until last year when I drove one and bought it on the spot. I love it. I want to drive it until it's dead. It's only my second car and compared to my first which was a hyundai elantra I am impressed. Plus there are so many accessories to add! I've already gotten 17" rims and low profile tires which makes it good on handling and is sharp looking too. My next move is cool air intake, exhaust, and a computer to boost my horsepower and then I'll work on my exterior such as a spoiler, gas cap, running boards, etc....read morehide
24 out of 26 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?