2009 Chrysler Town & Country User Reviews
- $12,291 - $18,430
- High quality, tons of options, comfort
- gas mileage in city
Purchased As New
It is fun to drive. I like the design. The interior design provides tons of options. Gas mileage in HWY is pretty good. I owned a previous T&C for 10 years - had no troubles - but, it was time to get a new one. So, I compared many of the minivans in the market and I decided to stay with the Chrysler. I am glad, I did....read morehide
24 out of 24 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Stow and Go!, Refined Ammenities, Discounted Pricing
- Road Noise
Purchased As New
I bought the Chrysler expecting the bankruptcy. People might say that is foolish. Here's why you should consider this vehicle.
1. Deep discounts. I got mine for the price of a mid range sedan.
2. Lifetime powertrain warranty. Unmatched in Industry.
3. Other warranty items same as toyota and honda. VW offers 12 year rust warranty... Chrysler, Dodge, Honda, Toyota offer 5 yr.
4. My parents have had three Chrysler mini-vans... no issues.
5. Stow and Go. (Middle seats fold into the floor) Only chysler and dodge offer this feature. Other competitors seats weigh 45-50 lbs. and have to be physically removed from the vehicle. Ask a competitors sales guy to demo for you or have your wife try to remove them. You'll quickly see what I mean.
6. Cargo Space - the rear gate is 50 inches wide. With the seats down in middle and 3rd rows you can accomodate a 4x8 piece of plywood or drywall/sheet rock.
7. Ambient lighting - It is unadvertised often overlooked feature...but there are ambient lights in the front doors and overhead "Halo" lights on the ceiling. They are a greenish blue color. They add to the classiness of the vehicle.
8. Best in class gas mileage on the 4.0L engine. Rated at Hwy 25 MPG. This engine was a joint effort between Chrysler and Mercedes when Mercedes owned them from what I understand. The 4.0 engine has a timing belt, the 3.3 and 3.8 engines on the Chrysler have a timing chain. It would be great if the 4.0 had the chain. It is possible to get the 4.0 engine on the Touring trim. It is advertised as available primarily on the Limited trim but it can be added to the Touring.
9. Configuration flexibility - Most foreign mini-vans offer limits to what you can get at a desired trim level. This is less an issue with American brands. I got a well-equipped vehicle for 5-6K less than a comparably priced foreign competitor.
10. Heated Seats in cloth or leather. Rear Backup camera. Center storage console. Multiple power outlets including a 120 volt to allow for appliances or other electronics. Tow capability with package is 3600 lbs.
11. Quality concerns... we'll have to wait and see. Previous family experience has been good.
12. Safety- It offers ABS, Traction control, and Stability control standard. It was rated 5 star in safety.
13. Comfort - Heated seats are nice in front and second rows. Lumbar support is adjustable, the floor pedals are also adjustable. Three climate zones allow passengers and driver to have different temperatures (two controls for the front, plus one for the rear.) Second row has sunshades and tinted windows to keep people comfortable. Overhead storage is nice, there are also two glove compartments.
14. Child Seats - The LATCH system hooks up to the child seat or booster seats. The latches themselves are very accessible making it easy to install and remove the child seats. The middle row seats also move forward and backward to accomodate differing size child seats. This was a critical buying feature as other brands did not accomodate our child seat as comfortably. Automatic remote start and doors make it easy for a parent to get the kid(s) into the vehicle without having to deal with the vehicle while managing the children.
15. Entertainments systems - our package included the overhead DVD's for free. It also has 1 yr satellite radio, and 30GB harddrive to download your music. It has an aux jack and USB port to accomodate media. I did not get the Garmin Nav, Bluetooth or Satellite TV. All were optional.
16. No regrets on this purchase. Parts and mechanics will be available for years to come should the company completely fold.
17. Improvement Ideas - Better the gas mileage by making it hybird or diesel or hydrogen or something. Use accoustical glass to minimize noise even further. Improve the corrosion warranty to match Volkswagen. Make the timing chain a standard on all vehicles. Insulate the doors to reduce noise further....read morehide
50 out of 50 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Unlimited powertrain warranty(peace of mind), interior and exterior design
- Fuel economy
Purchased As New
I purchased a 2009 T&C Touring. I like the overall appearance but lacks a little bit of power. Main reason why I bought it because of the unlimited powertrain warranty, it's unheard of.
56 out of 56 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great mini van, this my 8th mini van and the best one yet, highly reccommend
- Cruise control lever is a bit hard to get used to.
Purchased As New
This a great travel vehicle, average 27 mpg on 3000 mile trip driving speed limit with the 4.o engine. Love the 6 speed tranny.
69 out of 70 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Quality, features, automatic doors
Purchased As New
I have now over 3200 miles on my T&C Limited. The quality is flawless. Before I had a japanese minivan. By the time it reached 3000 miles, it had been 3 times in the shop. The Japanese also give you no roadside assistance.
The T&C protects the battery by allowing you to operate its doors either automatic or manually. Others do not have this feature. I also like that it tells you when the fog lights are on. Again others don't. Most car reviews are superficial. If they would go into depth they would realize how much love and thought went into the new T&C. Another example the rear gate. You can operate it with a button thus protecting its smooth operation. Compare others. It tells you the pressure of each tire. The interior lighting is pleasant and inviting. The navigation screen is of hard material (probably glass), more scratch resistant. The leather so rich, that you don't dare to sit on it at first. Satelite TV a feature nobody else offers. Realtime traffic and automatic rerouting. Great choice of exterior colors. Very powerful engine. Supple ride. Bigger rear windows than others. I would not want to miss its center console. Comfortable, movable, heatable second row seats. The car tells you when you need an oilchange. You have to look closer to appreciate the many outstanding features of this vehicle....read morehide
88 out of 90 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- EVERYTHING (LITERALLY)!!!!!
- Not equipped with 4-Wheel Drive!
Purchased As New
Chrysler truely did think of everything when they built this van. It is more like a Mini-RV rather than a Mini-Van. Meaning that it has all the comfort and features that you could get in a RV (minus the kitchen and bathroom of course). I purchased the limited (top of the line) version for around the same price I would have payed for a low-end version of some different manufacturers. This Town & Country is by far the best looking of all other mini-vans I have seen, inside and out. It rides smooth, and has features that are offered in more luxurious high end (more expensive) vehicles such as Cadillac. It is equipped with Rain-Sensitive Wipers, 2-Person Memory Seating, Heated seats in First & Second-Row, Auto-Dimming Mirrors, Outside Mirror Defroster, Second-Row Power Windows, Third-Row Power Vented Windows, Automatic Side-Door and Liftgate. These are just some of the features, I would run out of text if I were to name them all. A couple downsides I guess would be that there is no 4-wheel drive, and the leg room for the swivel and go seating is limited. The Uconnect system is awesome, just speak your commands to Navigate, change the radio station, place a phone call etc....read morehide
85 out of 87 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- best waranty,good gas milage,very well equiped,super ride and handling
Purchased As New
This could be one of the best cars on the road today.We have had four mini vans by Chrysler and they have been good cars.Chrysler just keeps improving them - no wonder there are so many on the road
ck,drive one and find out for youreself !!...read morehide
80 out of 82 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Innovations and Technology
Purchased As New
This is by far the BEST VAN ON THE MARKET, with the BEST WARRANTY ON THE MARKET. My wife and I have been in the market for a new vehicle for awhile now. We were looking for a larger vehicle for a growing family. My only stipulation was "not a mini-van", but that changed as soon as I seen the Chrysler Town and Country LIMITED. Being a man I was concerned with the whole "soccer mom" reputation associated with a mini-van. That thought was dismissed immediately. The Limited model is decked out with chrome wheels and chrome accents throughout. The "Swivel-And-Go" seats with the included table is like having your own game room on the go. The touch screen multi-media station is a great added feature, as well as the Dual Monitor DVD rear passenger entertainment system. Let me not forget Storage, Storage, Storage. With the many storage compartments you have room to store and haul almost anything you can think of. There are just too many great features to list, I can go on forever. Also the LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRENTY, which can't be beat....read morehide
92 out of 93 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- Excellent price (demo), totally loaded, rides really well, a ton of leg room.
- 3.8L could use a bit more juice.
Purchased As Used
I was totally against getting a mini-van, but that soon changed once I drove my buddy's T&C Touring. There is a ton of leg room (I am 6'4") and rides extremly well, too many features to list here but all of them are easy to understand if you have time to understand them. Stow and Go is huge, it has more storage capacity than my F150. Overall totally turned me into a convert....read morehide
80 out of 83 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great comfy car, drives very well, great for families with kids
- Slightly too soft on turns, mediocre factory tires
It is the best value for money you can get today, I added the Swivel and go seats, I highly recommend it if you have kids, it's a small family room, which you can play games (while seated and belted ofcourse), talk, have eye contact with the kids, especially great for babies!
I would like it better if it had better appearance, but it is still good. Another great thing is the large baggage area, I put one baby stroller in it, when it is unfolded, it is quite big, and another one folded, I can still put in groceries etc'. very spacious! If I could change anything it would be the unattractive 16" wheels, but it has air pressure monitoring, so... I stay with what I got....read morehide
124 out of 128 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Chrysler News & Articles
Chrysler 200 configurator already online
A preliminary configurator for the 2015 Chrysler 200 is already up and greeting Internet visitors. T...Read Full Review
Chrysler patents smarter minivan folding seats
It's frightening to think of how quickly the mice would have overtaken us if we hadn't staye...Read Full Review
Chrysler stays IPO until 2014
There will not be a Chrysler IPO in 2013. Fiat, according to a report from Forbes, has announced tha...Read Full Review
Chrysler readying 20 Moparized vehicles for SEMA
The Las Vegas Convention Center has plenty of space for aftermarket companies and automakers to show...Read Full Review
- More Chrysler News & Articles