2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4X2 User Reviews
139-in. WB XLT Styleside shown
- $9,171 - $9,821
- No trim specified for this review
- Beautiful Lariat interior. Good power w/ 5.4. Excellent ride & handling. Fit & finish top notch.
- 5.5' bed is a bit short, but any longer and I would need a bigger garage.
My family has driven Fords exclusively for three generations. I purchased a 2005 SuperCrew Lariat during Ford's Family Plan promotion. The truck stickered at just over $35,000 - I paid $26K out the door, a savings of more than $10,000 off sticker with tax, tags and title. This is by far the most refined F150 ever built. I would not buy the 4.6 litre V8, since it lacks power and does not get better fuel economy than the 5.4. The 5.4 is rated at 300hp and 365 lbs. of torque. EPA is 15 CITY and 19 HWY. I get around 17 COMBINED. If I have one complaint it is the Lariat F150 is far too luxurious to use as a work truck. I got the optional floor-mounted console with the chrome shifter - way cool. The interior really reminds me of a LEAR JET - chrome, woodgrain and leather. The CD system is good and the seats are comfortable. Storage space is good. The ride and handling are the best of any truck I've ever driven - Chevy has a long ways to go to catch up and Dodge rides like a mule cart. I like the Toyota Tundra, but it is expensive and not nearly as roomy.
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Large
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.