2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 4X2 User Reviews
112-in. WB Sport Styleside shown
- $6,621 - $7,903
- No trim specified for this review
- 5 speed automatic, simple interior, 24 mpg, easy to maneuver
- loud engine, poor cruise control performance, questionable stability on highway
This truck rates highly for value for the money, clean lines, and low maintenance interior with the vinyl seats and floors. Seating position is comfortable with the fold down armrest in the regular cab. The 4 cylinder engine actually has excellent acceleration at 3000 rpm and above but the harsh noise and vibration doesn't suggest quality. At 70 mph or higher I find the truck to be a bit unstable if the highway is rough, but loafing around town up to 50 mph it is very comfortable. I have averaged 23 - 24 mpg over 15000 miles with the 5 speed automatic, which is a fairly smooth transmission except for some lurching at kick down. My driving is about 1/3 city, 2/3 highway. There isnt much storage inside the regular cab. Perhaps the most irritating thing about the truck is how the transmission kicks down so easily during use of the cruise control because the 4 cylinder doesn't have enough torque to hold speed on even slight hills. It is a bit exhausting to have the engine constantly jumping to 3500 rpm and roaring the whole time. Overall, though, it has been a simple, reliable and economical truck with insurance costs only $450 per year.
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Compact
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.