1998 Ford Explorer 4WD
- $1,568 - $2,327
The 1998 Explorer 4WD is a 2- or 4-door, up to 6-passenger sport-utility, available in 5 trims, ranging from... read more the Sport to the Limited. The 1998 Explorer 4WD's closest competitors include the GMC Envoy, the Jeep Wrangler, and the Oldsmobile Bravada.
Upon introduction, the Sport is equipped with a standard 4.0-liter, V6, 160-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 20-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The Limited is equipped with a standard 4.0-liter, V6, 205-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 19-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.
5 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
1998 Ford Explorer 4WD
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
( What's this? )
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Ford News & Articles
Ford wraps Fiesta in bacon, really
In anticipation of International Bacon Day on Aug. 31, the automaker is offering Fiesta customers se...Read Full Review
Ford vows fixes for touchy MyFordTouch
When it works, the MyFordTouch system in new Fords and Lincolns offers some graceful ways to manage ...Read Full Review
Ford reintroduces the 1965 Mustang
Ford Motor Co. will soon sell brand-new 1965 Ford Mustangs for just $15,000 each. The only hitch: Th...Read Full Review
Ford C-Max pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
- More Ford News & Articles