2004 Ford Explorer 4X4
Limited 4.6L shown
- $5,025 - $6,512
The 2004 Explorer 4X4 is a 4-door, up to 7-passenger sport-utility, available in 12 trims, ranging from the... read more XLS 4.0L to the Limited 4.6L. The 2004 Explorer 4X4's closest competitors include the Chevrolet Suburban, the Isuzu Ascender 5-Passenger, and the Volkswagen Touareg.
Upon introduction, the XLS 4.0L is equipped with a standard 4.0-liter, V6, 210-horsepower, flexible fuel engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 20-mpg on the highway. The Limited 4.6L is equipped with a standard 4.6-liter, V8, 239-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 19-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.
The 2004 Explorer 4X4 is a carryover from 2003.
12 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
2004 Ford Explorer 4X4
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Ford News & Articles
Ford wraps Fiesta in bacon, really
In anticipation of International Bacon Day on Aug. 31, the automaker is offering Fiesta customers se...Read Full Review
Ford reintroduces the 1965 Mustang
Ford Motor Co. will soon sell brand-new 1965 Ford Mustangs for just $15,000 each. The only hitch: Th...Read Full Review
Ford C-Max pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Ford's New Business: Solar
Ford and SunPower are partnering to make it easier for electric car owners to fuel their new green...Read Full Review
- More Ford News & Articles