2004 Ford Explorer AWD
XLS 4.0L shown
- Not Available
The 2004 Explorer AWD is a 4-door, up to 7-passenger sport-utility, available in 10 trims, ranging from the... read more XLS 4.0L to the Limited 4.6L. The 2004 Explorer AWD's closest competitors include the Chevrolet Suburban, the Isuzu Ascender 5-Passenger, and the Volkswagen Touareg.
Upon introduction, the XLS 4.0L is equipped with a standard 4.0-liter, V6, 210-horsepower, flexible fuel engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway. The Limited 4.6L is equipped with a standard 4.6-liter, V8, 239-horsepower engine that achieves 14-mpg in the city and 19-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.
The 2004 Explorer AWD is a carryover from 2003.
10 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
2004 Ford Explorer AWD
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Ford News & Articles
Ford wraps Fiesta in bacon, really
In anticipation of International Bacon Day on Aug. 31, the automaker is offering Fiesta customers se...Read Full Review
Ford C-Max pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Ford reintroduces the 1965 Mustang
Ford Motor Co. will soon sell brand-new 1965 Ford Mustangs for just $15,000 each. The only hitch: Th...Read Full Review
Ford vows fixes for touchy MyFordTouch
When it works, the MyFordTouch system in new Fords and Lincolns offers some graceful ways to manage ...Read Full Review
- More Ford News & Articles