2005 Ford Mustang
There are 115 user reviews for the GT Premium Coupe trim shown below
- Styling 80% right;
- NON-EXISTENT BUILD QUALITY; No Ford Support; seats-no lateral support
Worst new car I've ever owned from the early '70's to present, BAR NONE! Of all of the new cars I've owned, I've never had to take any back for more than one opr two (mainly minor) items that were fixed on the 1st and only dealership visit (some minor mechanical and/or paint issues). Never had I need to return again and again for MAJOR mechanical work. This Mustang just has me returning repeatedly for issues that should not have been, had the car been engineered and assembled correctly. The car is NOT worth it! This is 2005. Ford has been making cars for 100 years and Mustang for 40 years. They still can't get it right! This car is totally unacceptable in this day and age. They may not have entirely captured the styling, BUT they surely have duplicated the quality of the early '60's, or maybe not even that good!
The "ONLY" issues I've had (thus far, knock on wood):
1. 2" of water in trunk spare tire well & quarter panels - found 1st week after delivery. Open body seam repaired (seam sealer).
2. Transmission whine from day #1 (manual trans.). I thought that this was a police siren the 1st time I heard it (even over the radio and heater fan) - Ford calls this normal and refuses to fix - even after the dealership's service advisor verified the noise. Everyone I've had ride with me agrees it is very annoying and not at all acceptable. I've driven other '05 Mustangs that are far better. Also, the shifter is notchy - feels like the 2nd to 3rd shift trying to kick back. Again, I've also found others to be better.
3. Emergency brake cable bracket fell off - 1st week. Cable dragged on road and yet they only replace the bolt (not concerned about any damage to the cable itself).
4. Frt. Suspension popping - found at 1 month. They can't duplicate so they won't repair per existing TSB, even though my car clearly falls into the production lot described in the TSB as having this issue.
5. Rear axle binding (wah-wah) noise - found at ~5 months. They did fix per the TSB. This, only after I physically demonstrated the noise
(at the same time as the transmission whine) to the service advisor.
6. Gas tank that wouldn't accept fuel (10 minutes to dribble in ~10 gallons of gas) and/or spit back - 1st week. They did replace gas tank and have a "silent" TSB - they will only replace if the customer complains. Not very forth coming.
7. Mechanical noise from transmission bell housing inspection plate being loose/missing bolts - 1st week
8. Noisy "clunky" rear suspension - 1st week. Not resolved. Suppose to have tightened all suspension points, but no improvement.
9. Severe dash board buzz/rattle. Dealer says they will only make worse if they take apart to repair - 1st month.
10. CD player that skips and goes back to beginning of song - 1st month. There is a TSB to replace the player, but for home recorded CD's. This happens with my prerecorded CD's, so I expect "them" to negate the TSB and say it's "normal" again.
11. After long drives at expressway speed, the engine will stall and/or race when getting underway after the 1st stop - after 6 months.
12. What's next??? I only have 7,300 miles at this point. Now, I'll be getting into the actual wear-out items... Good thing they didn't set out to build a bad car....
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
( What's this? )