2006 Ford Mustang
There are 78 user reviews for the V6 Premium Coupe trim shown below
- good looking vehice,
- head rests terrible, blind spots, front airvent not long enough
OK. So I've reviewed several of the other reviews here and no one has mentioned these items.
We've owned 2 Mustangs before this one (2000 and 2003) - we lease them. I just picked this one up in August.
This is the first non-Red one we've owned and while the 2006 is bigger and roomier than the others, this is the first one where we've felt kind of let down.
1. The Headrests are terrible. My wife complains about them all the time. And while some Mustang sites say they can be fixed, our dealer said no.
2. Because of the headrests, you will find there are MORE blind spots with this vehicle than older models.
3. Unlike those in the warmer areas, we just had our first real cold spell with snow and I had to use the front defroster. Whoa - what a pain that was. The vent in the front isn't as long as the entire windshield so as a result, I had to wait about 5 minutes before it was cleared out enough that I coudl drive. Totally unacceptable.
4. The revving on the automatic makes it feel like you're about to explode - a little power on the pedal and the entire vehicle jumps ahead. Not as smooth as past Mustangs.
5. My final gripe is about the audio controls. We didn't go for the whole 6 CD thing because most of our music is on MP3 players. So I figured ' hey they have an AUX right on the dash' - unfortunately, it's not set up and you have to get it installed. Unfortunately, my dealer knows next to nothing about doing this.
I love the Mustang but after this one, I'm likely in the group where this will be my last one for a while - unless Ford can do something to redeem themselves. Even my wife, who has been the one who loves the Mustang, isn't happy with it - too bad, we've got another 2.5 years with it and our current lease agreement is big enough that it's going to be painful to switch with someone on.
Take my advice - take the test drive and feel it out - but be aware of the little things that you may find annoying. Two months later, they will be really annoying.
1 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?