2008 Ford Shelby GT500
There are 17 user reviews for the Convertible trim shown below
- Looks sharp and lots of power underneath the hood
- Stiff suspension and annoying speaker noice
Love the car and the overall performance. Only thing that bothers me is the stiff suspension. The speakers on the passenger side makes this annoying noice like something is rubbing the plastic cover. Ford would probably do better if they use a better speaker system. Overall, I would only trade this car for a GT500KR. My convertible is a keeper. She's definitely a head-turner and eye-catcher....read morehide
15 out of 18 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent appearance and dash. vehicle is responsive and tight on corners
- Not the horsepower I would like for rural roads. Carbops. Top could be better too.
Nice try in the age of the pre green car. This is not like my 68 350GT convertible that snaps your head on the shift and unbelievable good differential. It is a nice looking car, more solid looking body wise than the older, far MORE AFFORDABLE model that Carroll Shelby composed. Would like to see a more pronounced roll bar and sleeker lines on the GT500 like the KR's of old. This vehicle has great brakes and is fairly responsive and certainly a good purchase if you don't argue about the purchase price. I am afraid the muscle car era is drawing quickly to a close though so enjoy this model while it lasts....read morehide
13 out of 22 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fun, lots of looks and lots of power
- no space basically a two seater and no creature comforts
Car had poor audio quality and not quite the power of the Steve McQueen beast of the past. Great note from the dual pipes however without even dual climate control or seat heaters- how is this car worth the money.
16 out of 33 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- This car is a chill giving, gut wrenching thrill of a ride. Absolute satisfaction.
- I personally would not chang anything about the car!
I bought this car and paid what some would consider a little bit more above MSRP than I should have. However, after owning the car for a little while I don't regret the decision one bit. It is a thrill driving a piece of American history and I would not trade my car for anythin. People stop constantly to comment on the car or ask to take pictures. The cars performance really lives up to the name. IF you are weak at heart I would not recommend buying this car....read morehide
29 out of 33 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- fast raw power
- rough handling around tight corners and lots of creeks/flexing
Fourth mustang and I think I'm going to look at corvettes next. Just not put together as well as one might think, especially at that price
16 out of 38 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Just brought mine home. Love it. Fun to drive, made for the driver
- Am not feeling the 500 horses after the supercharger kicked in. would like a little more rumble
I went back and forth between the '08 Vette and the GT500 Shelby. Love the overall design and look of the Shelby over the vette. Plus it should hold its value longer.
16 out of 24 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Nice looking, nice power, good brakes
- Way over priced for what you get, better off buying a stock gt and do the performance work privately
I sold mine for a nice profit, waiting for dodge or new camero, This could of been a real bad boy, but is only a warmed over Mustang
13 out of 23 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Plenty of straight line acceleration
- The lack of an independent rear suspension makes handling imprecise and robs the Mustang of agility.
For the cost of the Shelby, one would be much better off buying a standard corvette coupe or a Porsche Caymen. While the power of the Mustang is truly impressive, bordering on epic, the live axel rear end deprives the Shelby of the entry-level agility that a sports car should have.
Add to that the poor customer service at Ford, which is equally legendary and you have paid too much for a gas guzzling rocket that won't take a hairpin turn. It's a great dragster but who wants to drive a dragster flat out on a country road?...read morehide
6 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Total power with outstanding balance for a vehicle with over 500 hp
- No con for this bad boy
I couldn't afford the original shelby but I sure could this one and I'm very pleased. Infact I believe the new shelby is better than the old one.
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fast, powerful
- sloppy, overpriced, why put a back seat if its the size of a stamp??
I now own a Nissan 350Z and have owned several other nice sports cars. I thought this Mustang would be a fit but way too overpriced and sloppy handling. The muscle is nice but it needs refinement. And, why, oh why would anyone spend $60K for a car that looks just like my neighbors 6 cyl Mustang grocery getter??? Shelby, you have let me down.......read morehide
5 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Sporting
( What's this? )