2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Extended Cab User Reviews
SLE2 Standard Box 4WD shown
- Not Available
- No trim specified for this review
- Great idea
- lots of failures
Purchased As New
I bought my truck at the end of 06 because I was intrigued with the design and function (generator specifically) I love the truck still, but have had lots of failures.
1. At about 35000 miles generator system failed. (No more AC Power at outlets)
2. at 40000 interior light consistantly intermittant (now rarely works)
3. at 53000 miles tierod ends getting very loose. (Replacing today)
4. To date 1 tail light, 1 brake light, 2 running light failures.
5. Cruise control lever sticks, Air Conditioning control has become intermittant.
The warranty service at the dealer here in Cocoa is horrific, and if it was better maybe I would be less harsh with my review. Now, I am out of warranty for most things, so I am fixing many of these failures myself $$$$$. I fear, I will be spending $$$ if I have the same percentage of problems in the future. I just don't trust its reliability....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
Why would anyone buy this???? It does not get better mileage... I have a 01 GMC 1500 EXT CAB that gets 18 city and 20/21 hwy right now and that is with the talgate up catching the wind.
Granted i love my truck,but this is a rip off !!!!
Now if yahoo don't post this then we know they don't care about the truth..(Share your opinions with others by writing a review.)...read morehide
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fuel economy is great, especially comparing it to the other trucks on the market.
Delton is an idiot, because back in the early ninties the trucks had less than 200 hp which means that they should get better gas mileage becuase they were a larger displacement motor that was not being worked as hard.
4 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Smooth ride. Power when you need it. Good towing capacity/payload. Interior stylish & comfortable
- Tires are a bit wavy.
I have owned this truck for two weeks and I love it! Plus, the ability to use E-85 and save 50-60 cents or more per gallon is nice. True, it doesn't get quite the same gas mileage with E-85, but the saving still makes it worth it. As the availability of ethanol goes up -- plants are being built or planned all over -- the price of ethanol is only going to go down further.
I've had others tell me that my truck is very sharp looking -- that they like it better than its cousin, the Chevy Silverado. It's ride is very comfortable ... more like a car than a truck. I started out looking at mid-size trucks, but the Sierra extended cab had more room than any mid-size crew cab that I saw. My teenage boys ride in the back with no problem....read morehide
7 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great ride, Handling, Comfort
- Electronic shifting could be better, Factory Good Year Wranglers suck
The Built in Generator is an excellent feature !!! It is a very tough well built truck and 20 MPG on a highway and 17 in town with a 4x4 is awsome gas milage. I had a 2WD Ford F150 with a V6 and a 5 speed and I was lucky to get 17 on the highway. God forbid if I put any weight in the back. I have freinds with New 4x4 Dodges with about the same 300 HP and they doen't get 15 on the Highway....read morehide
11 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Hybrids
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.