2008 Honda Accord Coupe
There are 16 user reviews for the EX-L 5-Spd AT trim shown below
- usual great Honda fit and finish, very spacious, power of 4-cylinder engine is more than enough
- dashboard looks bit complicated, climate control system needs to be simplified.
Great Honda quality and reliability.
handling is sharp, ride is very comfortable even with coupe's sport tuned suspension.
Dealership took 2500 off the MSRP, which came out about 24000 before tax and tag fees.
5 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Lots of high end goodies and large trunk. Surprisingly spacious back seat.
- Difficult to reach oil stick. Some wasted dashboard space.
This is my first Honda. I love my new Coupe! I never thought I could get heated leather seats for under $27,000. The ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable. The back seat is surprisingly spacious for a coupe. The car is stylish and even my picky 12 year old stepson loves riding in this "beastly" car. The only think I miss is the 33 miles per gallon I got in my old Nissan Sentra. But this is a larger car and 25 miles per gallon on average is not bad. I can't wait for spring so I can open up that sunroof!...read morehide
2 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks good, decent fuel economy, Very comfortable seats, good value
- Hoping fuel economy will improve. Lack of power, moved from v8 to 4cyl. 270watt stereo is weak
So far I have approx 600 miles from my first trip. Overall averaged 27.5mpg that is 99% highway. I was hoping that a 4cyl would be able to go over 30 pretty easy. But On a 129mile leg I did only use 4.11 gallons, but that was on cruise control the whole time and at the speed limit 50-60mph an not passing anybody. The interior is very nice. Seats are comfortable and heated. There are however some BIG blind spots to the back left and right. I mean pickup swallowing big.
But overall I am very pleased with my new car. I can make a trip home on $48 where the same trip with my Dodge Ram Hemil would run my At least $130....read morehide
4 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very useable power from the four cylinder. Acura level interior on the EX-L.
- Ride can be rough, but not terrible.k
- While the fuel economy for the I4 is listed at 21/30, I'm getting closer to 20 in mixed (but mostly highway) driving while trying to keep the RPMs down to break in the engine. However, I have read the fuel economy on this car improves as you break it in. Here's hoping.
- This is a coupe, while the ride is great most of the time, you will feel rougher roads. However, the opposite side of the coin is that it's glued to the road and has fairly neutral handling for a front wheel drive car. Those rougher roads and bumps, while they will shake you, never make you feel like the car ever loses it's footing (even when accelerating through turns). Unlike some Ford pony cars I could mention.
- It has a MASSIVE trunk. If you need more than this you should be in the market for an SUV. The rear seats fit me very comfortably at 6 foot. After all, the car is only 3 inches or so shorter than a Accord Sedan. The car is wider than you think too.
- The headlights illuminate the road very well, with a wide projection, I just hope they arn't so bright their bothering other drivers. Fantastic for me tho.
- Consistently surprised by this peppy four cylinder engine. It even will accelerate fairly hard at highway speeds (for passing). You will never "need" more power than this in a car. Has a better Power To Weight Ratio than a Audi A4 2.0T.
- The speakers arn't bad, but their not great either, the only really lacking part of the interior. 6 or 7 out of 10. However, the XM is nice and the built in auxiliary audio jack is well placed and what I use most.
- The materials and polish of the interior on the EX-L models is SUPERB. It really feels like a Acura in this sense. I can't tell you how many times I've been pleasantly surprised by the little things Honda thought of that have made all the difference. I can describe all the points I love about it, but it would be easier if you just go and sit in one. My only complaint is the gauges could be a little, I don't know, "snazzier", but it's a minor gripe at best....read morehide
6 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Built-in XM sounds great. Car is tight and very responsive. The fit and finish are great.
- None so far...
After driving many cars it came down to a G37 for around $40K, a TL for about the same, or this car for $15K less. While I gave up the prestige of the other names, I feel like I got more car for the money. I purchased this car at invoice. In the past I could not get a great price on a Honda, but times have changed. My only "wish list item" would be to add Bluetooth handsfree to the EX-L package without requiring the $2K navigation package. I'll add my own GPS with Bluetooth for about $250 and move it from car to car.
I'm also happy with the front-wheel drive. I would have given-up the safety of the front wheel drive with the G37 or TL to get the true sports car performance. I'm very happy with the compromise....read morehide
7 out of 21 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- This car is a head turner......buy it and you'll see
- power seats on both sides
I love this car, at first when you see the car it don't look like a HONDA......and for the price.....it great. They look, very sporty...... Speed..it's enough power for me, if it's not get yourself a real race car then. i can't say enough good things about it.....As for the guy who hates the Accord, if you don't like it that much why waste your time.....stick to your chevy or your fords, since there the ones you'll see on the side of the road more.....PLEASE get over yourself!!!!!!...read morehide
6 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Coupes
( What's this? )