2012 Honda Accord Sedan
There are 11 user reviews for the SE 5-Spd AT trim shown below
- Cheap! Stable on highway
- loose cruise control button/Terrible Seats/Loose Rear Deck/Terrible Noise
Purchased As New
I leased Accord SE due to its cheapest lease price, $179 per month. I was amazed at this deal because SE includes leather seat and alloy wheels. However, it turned out to be a bait that hooked me up.
1. I came to hear a rattling noise from the trunk area. It was an inherent problem for recent Accord model. Honda technicial said this problem existed from 2008 model. The quieted the noise by sealing the gap between the deck and the metal with wax. I feel so terrible about Honda's solution. They did not resolve the problem, but just covered it.
2. In a week after I got the car, I realized the cruise control panel is loose from the wheel. I had not realized until the sleeve of my y-shirts was hooked on it. The left panel (audio buttons) was normal, but the right panel (cruise button) was loose. I brought the car again to the service center, and they said it was designed like that, which means all Honda Accord was made like that. So, check another Accord in the showroom, and it was loose, too. So terrible. They didn't even fix the problem. I had a feeling that it would be a matter of time that Honda will go bankrupt.
3. Front Seat: Before I got this car, I already knew Honda vehicles are not comfortable and might cause back pain due to uncomfortable seats and bad suspension which cannot absorb road shocks from bumps, but I decided to try to endure the discomfort just because it was cheap. Now, almost 2 months later, I regret leasing the car. REAL backpain. I am not alone. There are so many people who complain this. I might file a lawsuit again Honda if my back pain grows to a bigger problem.
4. Engine noise and Road noise: I had known that Honda was notorious for its engine and road noise. Now I got used to the engine noise. But, the road noise really annoys me. Due to the bad tires, tiny rocks get into the tire tracks ( is it call tracks?), which causes repeating 'tick, tick' noise. I have stopped my car more than five times to check if a tires got a nail on it.
The readers of my review must thank me for my comments. I have driven many differnt types of cars for 25 years. This car is worse than Ford's Festiva, one of the cheapest model 25 years ago. It is a real shame on Honda.
5 out of 21 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
( What's this? )