2005 Honda Odyssey User Reviews
EX 5-Spd AT w/ Leather shown
- $6,889 - $11,076
- No trim specified for this review
- Good acceleration and fuel economy due to a variable cylinder engine. Removable 8th seater is great
- Noise from the front brake, driver sider. Dealer knows about the problem, but don't have a solution
I bought a '05 Odyssey EXL last year and so far so good with 13,500 miles. Except couple things. I
1. During a hard and soft braking, the driver side front brake make a metal grinding noise. I took it to the dealer and they told me this a know problem for 2005 and 2006 model without any solution yet. They don't know the source of problem, but they assured me that it is safe to drive. I checked the rotor myself and it looked fine, no excessive wear of pads nor rotor. But, it of kind of feel the braking distance is longer than my old grand caravan. Maybe this is due to the fact that Odyssey is heavier mini-van than other mini-vans.
2. The location of oil filter is very bad design. When I did my first oil change, it was very messy. The oil filter is located front passenger wheel side. Right underneath the oil filter there is a suspension arm so when you remove the oil filter, the oil splatter all over it. Next time I will need to use a funnel.
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Vans
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Honda News & Articles
Honda motorcycles most stolen, just like Honda autos
It comes as no surprise that Honda's Civic and Accord are the most stolen cars in America, but as it...Read Full Review
Honda scrambles to revamp Civic
Civic, launched in April and panned by critics, will get overhauled by end of 2012.Read Full Review
Honda CR-Z carbon-fiber prototype
When Honda rolled out the CR-Z a few years ago, it hoped to bridge the gap between those who would s...Read Full Review
Honda Odyssey's onboard vacuum cleans up
Paying about $45,000 for the top-level Honda Odyssey EX-L Touring Elite minivan buys you a 12-speake...Read Full Review
- More Honda News & Articles