2005 Honda Odyssey
There are 7 user reviews for the Touring 5-Spd AT w/ Leather trim shown below
- nice ride with lots of great features.
- Fuel economy stinks
Mi wife bought this car 6 mths ago, and she is very happy with it. I drive it only on the weekends and for long trips. This minivan is great. It's very comfortable, it has plenty of storage, and the power tail gate is a nice feature, especially if you have a baby like we do. The only problem I find is the gas consumption. It's not even close to what's advertised. We usually get 21.5 mpg in the highway, and about 18 in the city.....This truly brings my customer satisfaction down quite a bit, especially taken into account the high gas prices. Honda needs to evaluate what they advertise. I've owned Hondas and Acuras for many years, and this is truly disappointing.......read morehide
5 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Satisfactory acceleration, good turning radius considering it being a van.
- Unbearable noise when the middle row window was open; Brakes occassionally make cranking noise.
1) loud during driving on highway.
2) can't open the middle row car during driving, you actually feel the air pressure pushing against the sides of your both ears. Unbearable! In order to reduce the pressure, one must open both sides. Even that, the noise is just too loud !
3) The dashboard layout design is VERY POOR. My fault! I did not pay much attention to it before purchasing it because I placed too much faith to Honda and thought... "it is just a dash board, Honda is a reputable company, and they could not mess up the layout!" O, am I deadly wrong! The layout is the absurd... they must hire someone who claimed to be innovative and had to make it different from the norm no matter how ridiculous it is.
4) The moon roof can ONLY be operated over the driver seat, ie. all the way over the left side of the dashboard. How stupid is that!?
5) Car side doors opening buttons, again, only exists on the farthest left... that means, again, only the driver can open the doors.
Now, herer is the worst!!!!
6) Brake is the worst experience I have (I just bought this 2005 in Nov/2004). It ocassionally makes very loud cranking noise during application, especially during damp weather. I have not been able to get the honda service to look into it as they could not road-test it until a week after I reported the problem.. well. of course, the weather is no longer damp by then. The noise did not happen by then. This has happened three times, they still refused to road test it the day when the problem happened. What is really bad and turns me off from buying another Honda is that the service contact told me...," Honda is aware of the brake's cranking noise problem, but could not find the problem. It is a known problem, but not a safety issue. So, until Honda announce it the safety issue, you should not worry about the noise..."
I said I would take it to Midas to check and the Honda will have to be responsible for the cost if Midas finds the problem and fixes it. Of course, no way. So, should I just wait until accident happens, and they would claim it being a differernt type brake problem than they expected!?...read morehide
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Nothing to say bad about this Mini van. I just so love it!
With all the safety features I know my child is in good hands! Tires has the most safety feature of being able to still function @55m/hr speed for 125 miles even after the tired had burst, we need that security driving on the Freeway.The side bag and side curtain is another safety feature that is unmatched and life saving!...read morehide
0 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Rides and handles like a BMW.
- Don't like the ECO mode
We traded our 2002 Honda Van on this one and what a difference. It's a totally different van and we love it. I don't like the ECO mode when it shuts off the 3 cylinders. If I'm going down the intrastate , you can feel often the shut down and I can't stand it. Wish they had a switch to turn it off. We've got 13k mileage and I don't think our run flat tires are going to make 30k. Found out you can only buy tires and wheels as a combo ($475.oo a piece)We will probably put a set of EX wheels on it to save some money....read morehide
8 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent Handling and Preformance. Quality shows throughout.
- Dash appearance could be improved, (too much metal)
The Odyssey pricing in concise and easy to understand. You also can add options after purchase. When compared to other manufactures who offer rebates and incentives, unwanted options, Adminstration and Dealer Prep Fees, plus sales gimmicks, Honda stands alone with straight forward pricing. With Honda, you get what you pay for, the others manufactures leave you with the feeling of " Did I get a good deal? Did I get the options I needed?" After the smoke cleared, we saw the light and purchased the Odyssey....read morehide
14 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good Leather Seats , Storage Area
- No Power Seat For the 2'nd Row , Hard to get in the 3'rd Row
Everything seems to be perfect.
I bought 2 hondas within 3 months.
I'm only worried about the power doors
and tailgate when it's not operating anymore.
The honda has smooth rides.
The odyssey is very easy to operate.
9 out of 18 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- SEAT ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND ROOMY, THE MOON ROOF IS A BIG PLUS AS WELL AS ALL THE STANDARD EXTRAS.
- I'M APPROACHING 3K MILES WITH TWO 1K MILES TRIPS AND CAN'T FIND ANY CONS! GAS MI. IS 22MPG SO FAR
THIS IS MY 7TH HONDA AND ITS THE BEST YET, IT HAS PLEANTY OF POWER (GET UP AND GO) AND HANDLES ON THE ROAD BETTER THAN ANY VEHILCE I'VE OWNED. I'M VERY HAPPY I TOOK THE EXTRA STEP AND GOT THE TOURING. I WOULD ALSO ADVISE A NEW BUYER TO INCLUDE THE 7 YR. EXTENDED WARRANTEE DUE TO THE VAST ELECTRICAL SYSTEM IN THIS VEHICLE WHICH IS ZERO $ OUT OF POCKET FOR 7 YRS. OR 100K MILES. I FOUND MY DEALER AND SALES PERSON TO BE 100% WITH ME THROUGH EACH STEP OF THE PROCESS AND I NEVER FELT AS IF I WAS PRESSURED IN ANY WAY WHICH, IS TRULY A NICE EXPERIENCE AND THE SERVICE AND THEIR RESPONSIVENESS POST PURCHASE HAS BEEN EXCEPTIONAL. I HOPE THAT AFTER THE BREAKIN PERIOD, THE FUEL MILEAGE ON LONG TRIPS WILL GET UP TO 28MPG, PRESENTLY, WITH A MIX OF DRIVING I'M GETTING 22MPG. ALSO, THE HANDLING AROUND CORNERS WITH THEIR INDEPENDENT WHEEL SYSTEM REALY MAKES A DIFFERENCE CALLED VEHICLE STABILITY ASSIST (VSA). VISABILITY IS ANOTHER PLUS, I CAN'T FIND A BLIND SPOT.
THANK YOU HONDA!...read morehide
46 out of 55 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
( What's this? )