2006 Honda Odyssey
There are 16 user reviews for the EX-L with DVD trim shown below
- good fuel economy due to eco mode, roomy for eight and cargo load
- humming engine sound at around 2000 rpm, no auto light on, no load leveling suspension, no 4 wheel
My kids love the audio/video accessories for their games and music attachment. Dvd have a surround sound and it is good. Best seat to watch movies is in the third row seat. Hope honda will increase the widescreen lcd a little bigger. Ground clearance too low. With an option for 4 wheel drive, odyssey will be the best. I was lucky not to opt for the touring that include the pax tires which are problematic and expensive. Folks, if you need a navigation system, get a portable one especially when you have one or two older cars, it will save you a lot of moolah....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- great family car, comfortable, lots of options
- sterring wheel vibration on Hwy, no change/coins holder, not mp3-ready
1) Steering wheel vibrates at apprx 70 mph on highway and loud road noise. Strongly encourage people to test drive it on the highway, and to compare it against other makers/models.
2) No change/coins holder. There's tons of storage (which can also be a negative because things can get "lost"), but there isn't a tray where you can throw your coins into (eg, when going through toll booths or a fast food drive-thru). Small inconvenience, but definitely noticeable.
3) Doesn't have hook-ups for MP3 players...defnitely not targeting younger age groups.
-Very spacious interior
-Comfortable seats, easy to get in/out of back
-DVD player works great, kids love wireless headseats
-moon roof is nice, but never use it
-3rd row easy to collapse/handle...read morehide
5 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks &, quality craftsmanship
- 20.6 to 21.5 mpg. not even close to 28 mpg driver comfort
Car seats are comfortable but driver comforte is another story. The door arm rest is to short and so is the seat armrest' The seat arm rest is not only to short but is only about 2" wide. Wish I had kept my Grand Prix GTP. Got 24 mpg plus with supercharged engine. If this Honda ran on six cylinders all the time milage would be in mid teens. My son has the 2007 model and his milage is the same as mind.
Don't believe in 28 mpg as adv....read morehide
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Room in the all rows,Comfort Seating,Good Handing
- No automatic door lock's when you start to shift to Drive
I am leasing the Honda Odyssey and got a good lease deal in august I have no complants on the Handing, Driving and Seating.
My one complant is the door locks,they do not lock when I start to pull out or shift into drive. I have to remember to use the door lock on the arm rest ,to me this is a safety hazzard.
Honda should put a front row console not the one with the handle that lower's it. A front row console will be good for more storage. Will update again in the near furture....read morehide
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good looking mini van
- Cheap paint, cheap bumpers
I want to talk about the cons only here. It has very cheap paint, I don't think they did ever put a base coat of paint on this van, or is it just my van only. The paint chips off very easy on, especially, on the bumper, and the bumper all falls off very easy. The appearance of the van seems to look good but don't be mislead because the materials and the paint are very cheap and bad. The color choices for paints that go with interial seats are also poor, especiall for the dask board. When the van starts to run, it makes a very load noice to release the break's spring which can be very disturbed. I got a EX-L so it has leather heated seats and sliding sun-roof, but I would rather trade the heated seats and run-roof for the automatic hatch-back/back door. With 3.5 litter cyclinder, the car can pick up good, but it can drink off a lot of gas. Also, the insulation on the van isn't good, you can heard loud winds and tires rolling on the road....read morehide
6 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very versatile Enjoyable drive Decent Gas Mileage Roomy Great Air
- Noisy interior from Road Noise.
I now have almost 10,000 miles since january and several long trips of 700 miles each way. Except for the road noise I find this vehicle to be exceptional.
I have over 2 million miles under my belt so my experience is above average. This is a superior vehicle but, Chrysler is more quite on the road. Their engine is not as good or their gas milaege. You can not go wrong with the Odyssey....read morehide
2 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Power, lots of room, entertinment system
- MISLEADING MPG, engine noise & exterior noise
I was very happy with my 2000 odyssey EX (mpg, power & etc.) it drives like a car. Since my family and I like to take long trips we decided to trade it in for a 2006 model EX-L
(more room, power & Ent. system) I own this van for 8 months and put in 6,000 miles the last time I took it in for a routine maintenance I was told by the dealer to give it more time to improve the mpg but I'm not seeing any improvement at all. I'm just getting 15-16 mpg city and 19-20 highway...compare to what it said on the window sticker 20 city & 28 highway.
V E R Y M I S L E A D I N G.... F A L S E A D V E R T I Z I N G......read morehide
13 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Odyssey is very roomy and has tons of storage space specially the lady Suzane.
- It is not an all wheel drive.
If you are looking for a minivan,then consider Odyssey. This van has a lot of room specially if you have a large family. My three boys are so comfortable in it, that they ask to go on vacations by raod in the Odyssey versus a rental. As a mom I love the trunk; I can easily fit in three suitcases and my double stroller with NO HASSLE....read morehide
3 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Kids love the car. Not a bad driving car. Love the room.
- Gas mileage is not what they advertise. Maybe 23 hgwy. 16 city Car shifts hard from park to rev.
The dealer said there is break in period on the gas milage. Never heard of such a thing. My last car got what was on the sticker. So far, not on the Odyssey.
8 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- very nice ride comfortable family van
- horiible gas milage.
this van is incredible very comfortable ride. famil loves it. i am very pleased with everything it has t offer so far. my only complaint is the horrible gas milage. got less than 300 miles a tank. mine is the exl which came with all the extra nice features.
9 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
( What's this? )