2012 Honda Odyssey User Reviews
EX-L w/ RES shown
- $21,284 - $34,095
- No trim specified for this review
- Spacious 3rd row seats, storage space
- electronics integration, instrument panel clutter
Purchased As New
This car is over priced by about 5000 dollars. Let me start with what is not right about this car:
1) Not enough space to leave foot between foor rest pedal and break, if you sneak it in between, your ability to break is impaired. This can be a safety issue during long drives.
2) Gear change controller gets in between driver and the instrument panel. You need to get around it to use audio control's. It is very annoying.
3) Extremely poor phone bluetooth implementation. If you go from battery mode to engine start, bluetooth starts over. Most of the times bluetooth start working only after few seconds you place the call, sometimes missing the first 5 seconds of the conversation. List gets very long here.
4) Sine the time I bought the car, I see "tighten fuel cap" message, Honda dealer was unable to fix it so far in 5 attempts over the last 6 months.
5) Too many steering wheel control's, you can't use it unless you take eyes off the road or risk using wrong button.
6) Instrument panel is extremely cluttered, again you can't use it unless you take eyes off the road.
7) Even though Touring is loaded with all the options, there is no wood panel at all and the leather is strictly restricted to seats only.
8) There is no automatic rain sensing windshield wiper, for it's price, this option should have been there.
9) DVD player doesn't play all the DVD formats (it plays very limited ones). Bluray doesn't work.
10) Hard disk doesn't save MP3 disc.
11) Navigation doesn't show real time traffic and no accident alert.
Coming to what is right, it is a good family car, driver may not enjoy the ride, but passengers, especially the back row seat passengers enjoy it the most.
Taking Honda brand value for the reliability, if you are ready to sacrifice above mentioned cons, and you have more than 5 passengers, then it is a good car for you.
You may get the best value for EX-L with no RES or Navigation.
7 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Honda News & Articles
Honda motorcycles most stolen, just like Honda autos
It comes as no surprise that Honda's Civic and Accord are the most stolen cars in America, but as it...Read Full Review
Honda scrambles to revamp Civic
Civic, launched in April and panned by critics, will get overhauled by end of 2012.Read Full Review
Honda CR-Z carbon-fiber prototype
When Honda rolled out the CR-Z a few years ago, it hoped to bridge the gap between those who would s...Read Full Review
Honda Vezel leaked in Mugen trim
Just last month at the Tokyo Motor Show, Honda revealed its new Vezel crossover, a production versio...Read Full Review
- More Honda News & Articles