2005 Honda Pilot User Reviews
EX 5-Spd AT shown
- $7,535 - $8,295
- good mileage
- road noise heard from the under carriage , rides a little rough , drivers seat to narrow for comfort
The wiper blades control handle is positioned in conflict with the gear shift , causes wipers to be turned on when shifting , at time this happens.
24 out of 28 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- feels solid like a tank, EX-L beautiful inside, excellent sound sysyem, rides very smoothly
- no side curtain airbags and HID lights
loving every minute in it. Salesman was very good and matched internet price without a fuss. Test drove Toyota highlander, Lexus RX 330( which was also perfect but 10 grand more) but this met all my needs and very spacious and smooth. You cannot feel road imperfections, turning radius is also small.
30 out of 35 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Comfort,excelleration, interior/exterior finish, good value. safety/control
- no "sunroof closed" light could cause partial open condition during rain. rear hatch heavy to close.
Took six months to talk my wife into getting our 2005 Pilot. She wanted a van and was not impressed with the Pilot's "looks". We have had it since Xmas 2004 and just put 1000 miles on it during Southern Californias worst rain storms in years. We live in a rural area so the all wheel drive has been a blessing. When I tell you that MY WIFE has put about 800 of those first 1000 miles in this great vehicle and won't hardly let me behind the wheel you KNOW I am telling her, "I TOLD YOU SO" So far, we are VERY happy with it, I was especially surprised at the "get up and go" with the 255hp engine. Tried the new "Ford Freestyle" and thought it just had no poke at all. Only thing that "bugs" me is I am never certain that the sun roof is "locked and secure" but I think that is just "new owner paranoia" as it has not leaked yet, but an indicator light would have been nice....read morehide
90 out of 97 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks,Quality,Handling, and Honda backing
- nicer to have more mpg. but tradeoff would be less power and response
My first Honda suv after 12 Accords. We love it and feel it's a bargin when compared to the MDX!
3 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good gas mileage, Lots of room for my "stuff" Very Reliable
- This SUV has no pep to it. It feels very sluggish but once it gets going it's gone.
The Honda Pilot is a great SUV. It comes with a lot of space for whatever you can think of doing. Lots of room for the family and much more for their equipment. It's comfortable off road though it's not a true off road vehicle but the four wheel drive is great when your stuck in snow or mud. A big draw back is that four wheel drive system is so sensitive that they recomend it only be used in low gears or risk damage to the rear differential during turning.
Still it's a great family vehicle to run around town in any weather and off roads 'only if you must'....read morehide
32 out of 44 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- VERY NICE RIDE,RELIABLE AND GOOD QUALITY FOR THE PRICE
- EXTRA'S COST WAY TO MUCH,AND TRUNK IS VERY HEAVY WHEN CLOSING ,AND HONDA SHOULD LACK OF COLORS
HIGHLY RECOMMEND SO FAR, I HAD ONE OF THE BEST SALESMAN I EVER EXPERIENCED BUYING A CAR..
6 out of 11 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great ride; very good equipment level for the price. All wheel drive is excellent for L.A.
- Could use more stylish front end. Needs 17'' to 18" rims options
Overall, this is the best SUV/MiniVan on the market. Although the Chrysler Pacific is similar, it does not respond or have the level of workmanship of a Honda.
Hats off to Honda for making me a believer!
3 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- GOOD GAS MILAGE AND RELIABILITY. I HAVE HAD OTHER SUVS THAT WERE NOT RELIABLE.
- THE LOUD CLUNKING SOUND MENTIONED IN THE OTHER REVIEW IS THE BRAKE SYSTEM.
THIS TRUCK IS THE SWISS ARMY KNIFE OF SUVS. IT WILL GET YOU WERE YOU WANT TO GO. ITS NOT FLASHY BUT IT WORKS WELL. AND UNLIKE OTHER MAKES IT WON'T FALL APART AT 100k MILES.
66 out of 80 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Honda News & Articles
Honda motorcycles most stolen, just like Honda autos
It comes as no surprise that Honda's Civic and Accord are the most stolen cars in America, but as it...Read Full Review
Honda scrambles to revamp Civic
Civic, launched in April and panned by critics, will get overhauled by end of 2012.Read Full Review
Honda CR-Z carbon-fiber prototype
When Honda rolled out the CR-Z a few years ago, it hoped to bridge the gap between those who would s...Read Full Review
Honda Odyssey's onboard vacuum cleans up
Paying about $45,000 for the top-level Honda Odyssey EX-L Touring Elite minivan buys you a 12-speake...Read Full Review
- More Honda News & Articles