2012 Hyundai Elantra User Reviews
GLS A/T shown
- $13,806 - $15,765
- No trim specified for this review
- fuel economy, comfort, style
- none atm
Purchased As New
2011 Elantra Limited (purchased in Anaheim)
Yes, as many people have said, do not buy this car if you expect you will get 40+ mpg. However, if you are like me, I do not drive in ideal conditions in CA and I certainly do not drive the speed limit. That said, let me tell you a few things about my driving habits:
1. I drive between 80-160 miles a day (I have just over 55K miles on it)
2. I drive on very busy freeways (101, 134, 405, 605, and 210) during all times of the day
3. If I can drive 80 miles/hr I do so. However, under ordinary freeway conditions, I usually keep it at 70 miles/hr.
If I keep it at 70 miles/hr, I can get 35-37 mpg without much of a problem (I just make sure the Eco light is on). If I kept it at 60-65 mile/hr, I could probably get that magical 40+ number; but seriously, if I were to drive at that speed, I would only prolong my misery on a freeway and for another 5 mpg, and that amount of "gas savings" is not as important as my time.
I have not had any mechanical problems and I take it in for its regular scheduled maintenence. I have my car serviced at a Hyundai dealership (Ladin in TO,CA has great customer service and a great waiting room).
I am quite happy with my choice. I owned two Saturns and a Mustang before buying a Hyundai. FYI: before buying the Elantra, I looked at comparable cars at the following dealerships: Honda, Kia, Nissan, Scion, VW, and Subaru.
Would I buy another Hyundai in the future? Very Likely. It would definitely be one of the first places I would visit.
6 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Sedans
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Hyundai News & Articles
Hyundai reveals more 2015 Genesis details
After we posted the renderings of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis last night, Hyundai issued a full press r...Read Full Review
Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
The performance version of Hyundai's Genesis sedan.Read Full Review
Hyundai Needs an All-Wheel Drive Veloster
Think about the range of current hot hatches out there; Ford and Mazda (for now) have stuck to the f...Read Full Review
Hyundai Veloster Turbo Gets Performance R-Spec Trim
Hyundai is expanding its lineup with its fourth performance oriented R-Spec model, the 2014 Veloster...Read Full Review
- More Hyundai News & Articles