2007 Jaguar S-Type User Reviews
- $12,614 - $14,441
- Ride is so smooth. GPS comes standard. Very comfortable and Elegant. Service is impeccable!
- All cars have good & bad side. It's how we take care of it. This car is expensive!
I got my JAGUAR 2002 S-TYPE as a birthday gift from my husband. I've been driving it since 2002 and compared to my BMW and Benz, the service is impeccable. The comfort, style and elegance is incomparable. Like my other european cars, I don't have any problems with it!
9 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- I feel like a princess in the Jag, the Benz never felt like this.
- Front tie rods and rear tie rods went out at 30000 miles, $7,000 to fix good thing we had warranty
Hard to believe the front and rear went out, barely drive this car, its a 2001 and has 30,000 miles on it. I love this car. It takes off like a jet and handles so well. A little concerned about the front end gong out so quick. Would have to get another car.
3 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- Astonishing Looks, Good Acceleration, Nice Front Design, Jaguar Show-Off Status
- HORRIBLE BRAKES, Peeling Junk Interior, Rocky Transmission, My Steering Wheel Broke?!?!?!?!
Dont get me wrong, its a beautiful car on the outside but THE EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN HORRIBLE OVERALL. First Problem: My brakes were clanking and not being as good as your average luxury car, so i brought it in and it worked for two days, and then it went back to bad. Then, the transmission started jolting, and jaguar probably didnt even bother looking at it. Then my wood started peeling (THIS IS ALL IN THE FIRST MONTH!!!!) and I didnt even bother going to the dealer, I got new ACTUAL WOOD (NOT GARBAGE WOOD) and got it professionally installed from an aftermarker source. Overall, after Jaguar's horrendously horrible service, I will NEVER buy one again....read morehide
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- Puts a (BIG) smile on your face
- You're getting blind to any defects it might have
Well, before talking about the car let me tell you something about me.
I'm European, 32, and I have a well paid job, thank God. My wife has a job at a bank so we can afford the luxury of a car around 100000 Euro. We plan to have a baby this year and for this reason I looked all over internet to find the safest car possible (thinking of the baby). We test drive a Volvo S80, safest on frontal crash, and today a Mercedes E-Class, safest on side crash, according to NCAP.
We tested the Merc today and she didn't like it at all. I was trying to find some qualities of the car in order to cheer her up. But except the safety and the 7 speed automatic gear box I could not say anything else positive about the Merc. My wife felt a little depressed because the stress at her job, and before returning the car to the dealer she ask me to drop her at a shopping centre. Women like to do that, you know. Well I did just that, and when returning from the Merc dealer I passed by the Jaguar dealer, and being angry that the Merc did not impress me very much either, I decided to go and see if they have an S-Type for a test drive right then. They did.
Gosh, when I started driving it, the sun came up. I called my wife and convinced her to join me to the test drive. Well... she did. And the day changed. We both got kind of euphoric. It was like at our first date. No joking. Now we are decided to get it. We do not care about other cars, whatever they brand might be. Today on TCM they run the movie "Gone with the wind". Well, for us the S-Type is like this movie. It changes you. So if you are depressed, unhappy, and fell empty, this car might replace whatever medication you might get prescribed for your depression. The S-Type has the same effect and side effects also. It creates dependency. But if you cannot afford an S-Type, DO NOT TEST DRIVE IT. If you do, your life will be ruined for ever. You'll get obsessed by it, and for the rest of you life you'll be unhappy....read morehide
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good Lord..I just got 30 MPG average on a 800 mile trip! Is that FANTASTIC or what for this car?
- It COSTS a LOT to own a Jag...BUT..it's worth every penny!
What can I say...I have wanted a Jag since I knew what a car was! It was worth the wait!
7 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Amazingly beautyfull car that shouts : Style & success
- Missing front sensors & expensive parts
This car combines elegance and raw power - highly recommended for all enthusiasts. Maybe the coolest and fastest car and most elegant car on the market in this price range.
4 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful car that draws much more attention than I imagined.
- Rides like a tank, flat side panels prone to door dings, dashboard rattles and overall uneven fit.
Was down to a choice between the S-type and a smokin deal or the BMW 5 series. The arrogance of the BMW dealer "you have to decide if you like this car $8,000 more than that car." sealed the deal and I bought the Jaguar. Overall, for the same price as an entry level Mercedes you get a quasi-luxury car with nice comfort features but a distinct feel of maybe 10 years ago. Nostalgia is nice but I'm ready for the new FX or a second look at the Infinity M....read morehide
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Engine Power, Unique Styling
- The name S-Type can be mistaken with Mercedes S Class
Great car with awesome styling. Jaguar can do this even more greater but this car was already great and great contender for the best Mid-Sized Sedan. Maybe Jaguar can change the name to something better.
2 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Body design (as old as it may be)
- Trunk space is a little limited, Cat on the hood is constantly at risk of being stolen.
This is my third S type to drive off the dealers lot and I have been addicted to them since 2001. Believe me I shopped alot this time but I still went back for another one. The body design is my first reason and I find that although it has not been changed much for a while, it has a different type of presence on the road. You have to drive it to know what I am talking about. It looks so sophisticated that you would feel no need to ever race it....read morehide
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Sedans
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Jaguar News & Articles
Jaguar F-Type RS Gets Rendered
I think it’s safe to say that most people have a bit of a soft spot for the new Jaguar F-Type. The...Read Full Review
Jaguar CX16 concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Jaguar XKR-S convertible pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Jaguar (Maybe) Driven By JFK Now On eBay
According to its seller on eBay, this Jaguar Mark I sedan has a famous past owner– though we are a...Read Full Review
- More Jaguar News & Articles