2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee User Reviews
Limited 4X4 shown
- $22,569 - $33,789
- No trim specified for this review
- Great styling, stereo, comfort
- Slightly sluggish, a few issues
Purchased As New
Overall, I am happy with my purchase (on a side note, you Americans are lucky. I paid $43k for my Laredo X and that was the best price I could find in Toronto). I also considered the Ford Explorer (couldn't get past the styling), Mercedes GLK (too small) and Audi Q5 (was too impatient to wait 4 months for it to come from the factory in Germany, and no dealers had any on the lot or were willing to sell their demo - but this is the one when I drive past it I think about the one that got away).
A couple things have come up though.
1) As many have noted, the car is more sluggish than I would have hoped from a stop. However, it can be a beast (I have the V6) when it is moving and you accelerate.
2) My change oil light has come on at 6000 km (3700 miles). The maintenance schedule suggests a first servicing at 12000 km I believe.
3) The stock tires, even with 4x4 are pretty bad in snow. Slipping on turns going over 10 mph. Winter tires for anyone in a reasonably harsh climate are a must. Never experienced slippage at that speed on any car I have driven without winters
4) My aftermarket floormats got caught on the accelerator, which caused me to floor it (likely on a side street with an easily accessible empty parking lot) uncontrollably for about 10 seconds before I was finally able to stop. This one's not so much the car's fault, but I had previously never experienced anything like that and always buy aftermarket floormats.
The four issues are all solved relatively easily, but I was hoping to not have any issues after having driven a nice japanese sport sedan for 3 years without any issues
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Jeep News & Articles
Jeep Considering Hotted-Up Cherokee SRT?
The design of the new Jeep Cherokee can be called “polarizing,” to say the least. An angular f...Read Full Review
Jeep Cherokee finally dealer-bound
We had our First Drive of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee last month, but it appears that prospective buyers ...Read Full Review
Jeep unveils wild customized models
Maker also unveils six customized models.Read Full Review
Jeep Wrangler Polar Edition coming to America
Jeep originally took the wraps off its Polar Edition Wrangler at the Frankfurt Motor Show in Septemb...Read Full Review
- More Jeep News & Articles