2006 Land Rover Range Rover User Reviews
- $16,667 - $20,670
- The only bad point is fuel, everything is superb
- Smooth like a small sedan, very easy to handle even for a woman
I bought this car from the Agent in lebanon which is very expensive if compared with the prices in the U.S, I paid USD 106,000 but it worth each cent.
What a superb car off and on the road, it is so smooth and very easy to handle, even my wife drives it inside the crowded streets of Beirut and she still could drive it very smooth.
The looks are very nice, the only bad point about the care is the fuel, it is really a big fuel drinker.
In any event this car is a very good SUV I rate is as the best one in the market...read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Sturdy looks, nice features, but this vehicle may be the ultimate LEMON. Read below and you decide!
- A LEMON inside and out....read on (Land Rover bought it back as a LEMON).
1st service - (side door lock, gas door lock actuator, loose fenders) 2nd service - (coolant leak, coolant reservoir) 3rd service - (contaminated belts, coolant sensor, windshield cowl, right door handle again) 4th service - (central outlet) 5th service - (front bearings/hubs, side door actuator) 6th service - (lower ball joint, control arm replaced, wiper arm) 7th service - (brake shields, gas door actuator). 8th service - (new radio; engine and transmission fault signals; engine stalled three times; steering wheel column); 9th service - (transmission fault; radio!!!).
This was all in the 1st year of ownership!
Result - Vehicle bought back by Land Rover under Lemon Law.
If you enjoy visiting the dealer on a bi-weekly basis and love driving loaner cars while your vehicle is being fixed week in/week out, please do buy one of these!
If you don't trust this review, please read July 31, 2006 review by Forbes "Least Reliable Luxury Cars 2006"�.quote from review - first line of entire review - "When you spend $76,000 for a car, you expect it to be bulletproof. What you don't expect is for Consumer Reports to call it "unreliable," and for J.D. Power and Associates to give it below average ratings across a range of manufacturing quality measures. � J.D. Power gives the Range Rover a below average rating for overall manufacturing quality, a score it says is 'based on problems that have caused a complete breakdown or malfunction of any component, feature or item, i.e., components that stop working or trim pieces that break or come loose.'"...read morehide
26 out of 26 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- its a great car quality wise its vey expensive but it is all definitley worth it!
- gas mileage isn't all that great but like i said before its a good investment and its so worth it!
Great car overall its perfect for just you or the whole family. i love using mine for roadtrips because i have so much extra room for extra lugage srry about my grammar but its a stilish and good quality car.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Seats & interior
- Spent more time being repaired than on the road
Well it's not just my car that had unending series of problems, according to Powers. It was an overpriced piece of junk - and the warranty serivce just couldn't make up for it.
Traded it in for a Lexus!
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very comfortable, solid, handles and rides well, quiet, great power, great breaks
- No complaints
Much improved over earlier model that came out in 2003. Reliability has been very good so far at 6,000 miles.
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Looks GREAT, Comfortable, Performance Terrific.
- Too Many little irritating problems. Been in the shop four times in 6 months
This is a Great vehicle ...When it's not in the shop. I have heard the same thing from three friends who have the same Range. In the 6 months since I bought it I've had
1) Key in the ignition can't turn to start the car (computer chip problem)...4 days in the shop and a tow truck from the mall.
2) Engine trouble warning light on constantly....7 days in the shop...the dealer couldn't figure out the cause so be changed out a bunch of electrical parts, no problems on that since.
3) Lock on Glove compartment broken...1 day in the shop
4) No power in outlets (cigarette lighters/cel phone power) even though fuses are fine....4 days in shop.
More problems than you expect from a $80,000 vehicle....read morehide
8 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Built like a rock- incredible quality, build materials
- nothing- you get what you pay for
As far as "too much gas" complaints- the MPG is on the window sticker! What's the shock? Ditto for the price. It's like seeing a "road- closed" sign and ignoring it, then being surprised when you slam into the barricades.
In my opinion this is the finest SUV on the planet- I am absolutley thrilled. My wife has an ML500 - no comparison, but don't tell her :).
The only very minor complaint is that the acceleration seems to very slightly hesitate and the access can be a bit difficult for less-than-tall people.
It rides like a tank, the quality is unequaled, it has every whistle and bell you could ask for, the rear seat entertainment is very seamlessly integrated into the car. I would definitely buy one again.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT...read morehide
5 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Comfortable, easy to drive, safety features
- constant problems, technicians unable to solve them
I owned a 2000 year model Range Rover which I loved. Traded "up" to the 2006 SuperCharged, top of the line with everything, for much more money. Bad mistake. The climate control is far inferior to the old one with fewer options. No internal storage for the luggage cover. Lots of little stuff like that.
Everything is computerized--and the computer stinks. Constant error messages that are not correct (Transmission Range Change Not Available; adaptive headlight warnings; etc.) Go away when you lock and unlock to reset the computer. Voice recognition can't hear any difference between "dial name" and "dial number."
But, reliability is the worst. Every three months or so some major system breaks down (electrical; suspension; now, the fuel pump) and the vehicle spends a week or more in the shop. Every time I am called to come get it, the technicians have fixed one problem but created two more. Two different service centers, both like this!!
I love the car--when I have it. Basically I am paying $100K to drive a glitchy computer, or a rental car. Would never take this thing off road--would likely break down and die in the desert.
Worst of all is my Toyota-driving wife who gets to say "I told you so" every time......read morehide
5 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Midsize
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.