2006 Lexus IS 250
There are 56 user reviews for the AWD trim shown below
- Both ventilated (so nice during the summer!) and heated seats, perfect all-around sub-compact.
- You must be stopped to program a destination w/ the navigation system (safety reasons).
I recently purchased my Lexus and couldn't be happier! It drives smooth, turning radius is great, and the gas mileage listed on the invoice sticker says it is worse than what it really is- mine actually gets 29.6 miles to the gallon overall (about $44 to fill up w/ premium- not that bad!). Just remember- it is listed in the class of a SUB-COMPACT- so if you are complaining about its size, than look at the ES! This is the whole package- luxury AND sport!...read morehide
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Lexus quality, safety features, standard features
- Horsepower, space in back seat, trunk space
2006 IS250 AWD
Quality: The main reason I bought this car in August 2005 is the quality. As I am not wealthy, I plan to use this car for a long time (at least 10 years) and want the repairs and maintenance costs to be low. Lexus has won more J.D. Power and Associates awards than any other brand. BMW and Mercedes have been sliding downwards in the J.D. Power and Associates rankings, and Acura has not been that impressive either. However, if we ignore the quality factor, the choice is not as clear.
Horsepower: Although 204 hp is more than enough power for city and highway driving, the engine is undersized when compared to the competition. G35x AWD sedan 280 horsepower, BMW 325Ci sedan 215 horsepower, Acura TL 258 horsepower. I did not purchase the IS350 with 306 horsepower because of the higher price, and there was no AWD option, only rear wheel (not good for winter driving).
Fuel economy (city/highway): At 20/29 mpg, the IS250 AWD is comparable to the competition. When you consider the horsepower and fuel economy together, the IS250 AWD is not head and shoulders above the competition. G35x AWD sedan 19/26 mpg, BMW 325Ci sedan 20/30 mpg, Acura TL 20/29 mpg.
Price: The price was not a factor for me. IS250 AWD US$29,990, G35x AWD sedan US$33,250, BMW 325Ci sedan US$30,900, Acura TL US$33,325.
Some things I like about my car:
- I bought the AWD base model and did not need any other options. There are so many standard options.
- The interior is just gorgeous. Not too many buttons.
- ASL automatically adjusts the volume to compensate for noise (e.g. if you open the window)
- Keyless entry and push button start. The doors will not lock if you accidentally leave the key fob inside.
- Although not a Mark Levinson system (an option), the system is still great.
- Driving around a corner without breaking!
- Three driver settings at a push of a button: power mode (reduces fuel efficiency), normal mode, and winter mode
- Rear view mirror automatically filters glare at night time
- Can program the car to open the garage door
- Adjustable support for the lower back
- Defogger for front and rear windows, and side mirrors
- Multiple airbags including knee airbags (never heard of this one before)
- Side mirrors illuminate the ground at night time.
Some things I don't like about my car:
- I am 5'6" and did not feel comfortable in the rear seat. There is one infant seat in the middle. No room left after two infant seats.
- One of the cupholders is in an awkward position, difficult to reach when driving
- Manual seat adjustment on the passenger side (I have the base model)
- Too much brake dust on the front wheels
- Key fob is too large
If you do decide to buy an IS, and you have a winter season where you live, buy the AWD. Otherwise, you will need to change to winter tires every year with the RWD and still not have the handling of the AWD....read morehide
17 out of 18 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- best in its class, very peaceful to drive, stunning interior, very rare on the road, very sexy lines
- small back seat but otherwise perfect
the lexus IS is a very smooth and enjoyable car to drive. To me i see no imperfections and compared to the BMW and Mercedes (i looked and test drove both) i think the lexus was the most suitable for what you get in the price. Overall this car will suit everyone great. I have 2 kids and a wife and we enjoy the car with great plessure. THis car is very rare on the road and therefore I often catch many eyes eyeing me as i drive through Boston. Just do yourself a favor and buy the lexus. THhs car won't dissapoint....read morehide
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great looks, reasonably priced, loaded with goodies
- Only one cupholder outside the center console; Ipod connection not easily accessible
LOVE MY CAR! My friend had an IS as a loander while his LEXUS was in for service. I Drove it, loved it, bought it. I didn't do a whole lot of research on this before my test drive, but I have no regrets. I test drove the new Volvo C70 convertible but it didn't have the snazzy look or options the IS came with - and the IS was almost $10K cheaper. If I'd done my reaserch beforehand, I would've gotten one with the radar cruise and rear park assist. The back-up cam image is very distorted and so I don't use it all that much. But I love driving it every chance I get. As far as interior space goes, I'm petite (5'0" on a good day) so it fits me perfectly. My daughter is 6 years old and she loves the back seat. We're going to add DVD players to the head rests since the DVD nav system only plays DVDs when the car is parked (what sense does that make?)...read morehide
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fuel economy, style, quality of craftmanship, reliability
- Slight power shortage, horrible leg room in rear, cost in Canada
Test drove this car and loved the detail, fit and workmanship, but, realistically, I know that the cramped back seat will be a problem when we go out with the family or friends. It's too bad they wouldn't make the car a few inches longer. That sure would make this car appeal to a lot more people. Maybe Lexus thinks this car can't handle 4 passengers....read morehide
1 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- very nice ride,good road handling,very comfortable
- my only gripe is that if you want AWD the horsepower is to low. would like an IS350 AWD option.
I really love this car. The car is very comfortable. the road noise is minimal. You can drive at higher speeds and hardly feel the road. The seats are very nice. I have a navigation system with XM satellite and blue tooth phone which makes talking on the road so much easier. I also got optional wheel rims which are extremely sharp. The backseat is a bit cramped but I have had 4 people in the car multiple times and no has complained. The 0-60 acceleration could be better as I had a GS400 before a got the IS250 so I was a little spoiled. I wanted the AWD option or I would have purchased the IS350 which has very nice acceleration. It would be nice if lexus could have the AWD option on the IS350. But overall this car rocks....read morehide
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- looks, performance, fuel economy, comfort
I've had my IS250 AWD for about 2 weeks now and I simply love it period!!
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- JUST BOUGHT 8/1/06 LUV IT DEALERS CANT KEEP THEM ON THE LOT
- THE ONLY ONE ISSUE BACK SEAT/NEXT MODLE CHANGE WILL BE FIXED PER LEXUS
THE IS 250AWD NEEDS MORE MOTOR BESIDES THAT IT IS A FIND RIDE I BOUGHT WHITE NICE JOB LEXUS LOOKING AT THE DRULES EVERY WERE I GO SO DONT WAST TIME GET OUT AND BUY ONE YOU WILL LUV IT BART............
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very nice to drive, comfortable for me, handles great, avergaing over 22 mpg, great stock sound sys.
- A bit too small inside, headroom fine for me, but not tall people, backseat legroom
The car is white, absolutely gorgeous inside and out. Not much pep, but enough for me and easier on the gas than my 2000 TL. My only complaint is the headroom and the backseat legroom, which I new about and bought the car anyway. Love it. Some call it a harsh ride, I call it Sporty, and what I wanted If I wanted a soft ride, I'd have taken the ES....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome fuel economy, Awesome interior & exterior design, Awesome performance & Fun to drive
- Backseat is extremely tight. Cup holder is between arm rest and gear shift
I have owned this IS250 AWD for 6 months now and I absolutely love this car. Excellent Fuel Economy - I can get up to 30mpg running at 65mph on highway. However, this car requires Premium Gas Only. I love the smart key function which the engine can be started by pressing on the brake pedal and the engine start button. The car has very small interior space which feels uncomfortable at times. Definitely a fun car to drive but not ideal with people who has large family.
Although the interior space is small, the leather seats are extremely comfortable and I love the heated/cooled seat function. However, it takes about 15 mins for the seat to feel cool.
One month after I purchase this car, there was a big snow storm near my area and I realized the advantages of having the AWD. Definitely recommend the AWD if you live in a location with heavy snow storms during winter.
Lastly I love the fact that this car has loud unique horn....read morehide
8 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
( What's this? )