2000 Mazda Protege
- $1,969 - $2,820
The 2000 Protege is a 4-door, 5-passenger family sedan, available in 3 trims, ranging from the DX to the ES.... read more The 2000 Protege's closest competitors include the Chevrolet Prizm, the Kia Sephia, and the Toyota ECHO.
Upon introduction, the DX is equipped with a standard 1.6-liter, I4, 105-horsepower engine that achieves 29-mpg in the city and 34-mpg on the highway. The ES is equipped with a standard 1.8-liter, I4, 122-horsepower engine that achieves 26-mpg in the city and 30-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.
3 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
2000 Mazda Protege
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
( What's this? )
- Ask.com/Used Mazda Protege
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Mazda News & Articles
Just in: The 2014 Mazda CX-5 returns with more Skyactiv power
We rather enjoyed the 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring we bought and tested last year. But there was one comp...Read Full Review
Tokyo Motor Show 2011: Mazda Takeri previews its next midsize sedan
The future Mazda6 midsize sedan will draw heavily from this concept, and that's a good thing.Read Full Review
First Drive: Mazda CX-5
Mazda’s first post-Ford effort shows promise, but falls short.Read Full Review
Mazda unveils the 2013 Mazda CX-5
Mazda's march to full independence from its days under Ford's control begins in earnest with this: t...Read Full Review
- More Mazda News & Articles