2009 Mazda Tribute Hybrid User Reviews
Touring HEV 4WD shown
- $13,338 - $15,367
- Great Gas mileage for suv
- can't think of any
Purchased As New
This is a great little SUV. I run between 31 & 34mpg combined freeway and city. Roomy. Nice ride, handles great. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a Small SUV. I have had a little over a year now and have had no problems with it.
10 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Best mpg in the class/SUV
- engine noise more then other hybrids
Purchased As New
* Gives me 32 mpg (for 2000 mile avg. city+hwy) . Great for SUV
* Good music system
* Looks better then many other SUV
* 120 V Supply
* Sometime to nearby store ( 1 mile) I go without engine running ( just at startup ) (for speed less then 40 mph)
* Missing Ford/Microsoft Sync
* Smaller trunk space then some SUV - may be some space goes for battery pack
* Doesn't provide current mpg , but shows a relative graph.
(Prius like interface is cool)
- For Future
* Increase engine startup speed from 40 to 45-50 mph
* Increase mpg to 40 mpg...read morehide
15 out of 15 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Green cred, roomy, average mileage display, stereo.
- Dated styling, firm ride, disappointing mpg, brake release.
I've only had it 3 months and so far there's been no major problems.
I love the fact that when you're sitting in traffic or at a red light that seems to last forever you're not wasting gas or pumping out pollutants.
The stereo has an aux input, something I find essential for mp3 player and dvd audio.
The display that tells you things like average mpg and miles left till empty is cool.
The average mpg so far is only up to 27.8 which is less than I expected but that could be because someone in the family has a lead foot...honey!
One of the things I'd change about it are an extra row of seats would be nice, at the moment you have to pay an another $10k for a Highlander to get that. The other thing is the styling, it's very brick-like, I prefer the sleeker looks of the crossovers, although you do sacrifice some space for that.
It would be better for the gas mileage if the a/c would run on battery power alone when stationary.
The brake release is set too low down, the designer must have had ape like arms.
Incidentally, Mazda need to market it better, I found plenty of these available locally despite the very limited release and high demand for gas misers right now, I even got a discount on it, not that I'm complaining.
Overall I would recommend it for someone who wants an environmentally kinder SUV....read morehide
61 out of 104 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Mazda News & Articles
Mazda unveils the 2013 Mazda CX-5
Mazda's march to full independence from its days under Ford's control begins in earnest with this: t...Read Full Review
Mazda MX-5 GT gets green light
The Mazda MX-5 Miata is as popular around the Autoblog offices as Kate Upton posters are around frat...Read Full Review
Mazda Gives Green Light on the MX-5 GT
The Mazda MX-5 GT made its debut at the 2012 Goodwood Festival of Speed and it immediately capture...Read Full Review
Mazda Engineers Want a New RWD Sportscar, Execs Remain Skeptical
Mazda never really had a whole lot of success with the RX-8. It was too heavy, too expensive, and fo...Read Full Review
- More Mazda News & Articles