2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
There are 1 user reviews for the C300 4MATIC Luxury Sedan trim shown below
- Good engine
- most unreliable car I have ever driven
Purchased As Not Purchased
I had many cars in my life and I rented all one can wish to drive. MB used to build good cars, but I don't know what happened with them lately - basically, they started to manufacture bad vehicles...
So here are my practical comments:
1. Appearance - it's ok, but curves and lines are way too girly for me... yet it might work for girls, so maybe MB simply didn't target it to men. But it's still 3 stars... I mean, park it in a mall's parking, go watch a movie and then try to find it...
2. Comfort - a decent place to be in a rush hour, but for this buck you want to get a) better quality materials (not cheap plastic on a dashboard) and b) at least some uniqueness - MB use almost same dashboard through entire model range, but this should be more of concern for CLS buyers. It would be also great if MB' designers would spend some time rethinking GUI.
3. Performance - this is not a muscle car, BUT! you would be surprised with efficiency of this engine. It rocks! Not too long though... (see p. 5.)
4. Value - It's a good car, but I think it should be a little bit cheaper. I mean - just open the hood... it's cheap! And it is overpriced, especially considering... (see p. 5.)
5. Reliability. Reliability? Reliability?!? OMG! Forget about it!
During last half a year I drove probably 10 different MB's (all C-classes) - 100% of them had the same problem - transmission! These car can kill you! I mean it... If you drive in automatic mode in suburbia you are all fine. But if you will have some fun in sports mode - you will have yellow scary indicator and the car will NOT accelerate at all (for an hour or so, until transmission cools down)... I think it might be caused by some wicked mistake of engineers. It feels like a) there is something wrong with a computer and b) transmission oil circulation. I'm talking about all cars I drove. And don't get me wrong - I drove different cars... Its first rivals, like Lexus IS or BMW 3 don't have such problems if you drive them in the same manner...
So, what's the problem I keep warning you about? Here is an example...
Just a week ago, me and my friends had some fun (a minute or so) on an abandoned old road. Then I switched the transmission back from sports mode. Half an hour later we crossed a broken yellow line to bypass a guy who was doing some 35mph... So, apparently, I pushed the accelerator and crossed the line, but the car didn't go any faster at all... Engine had zero feedback... and of course in a second there was a truck moving in hour direction. Thanks God I didn't panic, because I already knew that MB's got a surprise for its C-class 2012 customers... But would happen if it was my first ride in such a 'car'?! Luckily there is a happy ending... The maneuver was masterfully handled, and we had to stop on a nearest gas station for a half an hour. The transmission cooled down, and it worked well until the end of the day.
So my review - DO NOT buy it if you like to shift manually.
P.S. All my friends who purchased late (2011-2012+) MB's spend most of their time in the service......read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
( What's this? )