2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
There are 6 user reviews for the GL550 trim shown below
- the agressive styling and the massive 382 Horsepower V8 engine
- when hauling 7 people in the car for vacation isn't much room for luggage in the trunk
Purchased As New
i have to say that once i looked at the GL550 the first thing on my mind was how can anyone drive a car that large, but mercedes, for me atleast, made me feel like i was driving a sedan as soon as i got inside. it didn;t look as large from the inside either. the seats are reallt comfortable with every type of adjustment you can think of. the styling like mentioned before is all pure mercedes and the glass roof built in to the top os a perfect touch. the navigation that mercedes supplies is actually very accurate. and then there is the power. the monster V8 hauled me from 0-60 in about 6 seconds which is only 1.1 second slower than the audi R8. carrying that many people and going that fast makes this car amazing. and this car is also very nice if you are a long driver for vacations like i am. i totally reccomemd this car to everyone....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Big, luxurious, safe
- not to well for snow, super gas guzzler
i just bought this gl550, its a beautiful and powerful car. i have a home in flagstaff, az, the truck doesnt really do well in the snow. love the sound of the engine for an s.u.v, sounds better than my bmw 760. would recommend this s.u.v to anyone who was looking. a little on the expensive side though...read morehide
9 out of 17 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- awesome, very comportable to ride, it`s like riding a sedan, very powerful engine with 7 speed.
- bluetooth interface is not included, needed to purchase that will cost u about $400.
i trade in my escalade awd to GL550 and i don`t have any regrets at all. i love it it`s comportable and powerfull.......
11 out of 26 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent performance. It comes loaded with most of the goodies as standard.
- No blue tooth as standard or as part of upgrade package
Traded in my E500 Sport for the GL550 without giving up performance. The ride and feel is that of the sedan while benefiting from added space and more versatile and safer driving with the 4 matic. The gas mileage is actually not bad for a very heavy but fast vehicle. The fit and finish is all mercedes benz....read morehide
11 out of 25 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- the best looking car on the road
this car without any dout is the best suv money can buy escalade, Himmer, chevy thaoe, bmw x5, qx56 are nothing close to this car
9 out of 19 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Loaded with goodies, a techno marvel...from bluetooth, navigation, keyless go, cameras, much improve
- Big vehicle, needed the sport suspension and tweaks.
Wow, amazing all around performer...comfort, style, power. Big pleasant family hauler with an attitude, looks and personality. Dealer gave me a good deal too, to get first one sold sight unseen. Am I impressed. I traded in a X5 and test drove the new 4.8 X5, boy am I thrilled with my choice here!
17 out of 24 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?