2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
There are 8 user reviews for the ML350 trim shown below
- Comfortable controlled ride. High quality interior. Quiet for a SUV.
- Annoying sound system, GPS gets you lost, balky transmission.
Purchased As New
Bought a 2013 ML350 4Matic in Sep 2012 as an addition to a '97 4Runner and '02 Pathfinder. It has the P01 package, Harman Logic7 sound, MB-tex, and AWD. Readers be aware that despite what Yahoo thinks, there are actually 2WD and AWD versions.
Comfortable, controlled ride, which is impressive as it weighs about 1200lbs (!) more than my 4Runner. Quiet at highway speeds. Interior pleather feels like real leather. Steering is very light but accurate, not floaty. Easy to drive long distances in this thing. Upgraded sound system is excellent from an audio standpoint, clunky ergonomics aside. Better than my Infinity/Alpine aftermarket setup in my 4Runner.
There are multiple ergonomic and electronic quirks that are very annoying if these things are important to you.
1) Backup camera only functions when radio is on. Why?!?
2) Shifter is on the steering column where the wiper stalk usually is. Takes a lot of getting used to.
3) There are 4 different button clusters for audio controls (2 on steering wheel, one on upper console, one on lower console) but only ONE location (and the hardest to reach) will allow you to do both at the same time. Some buttons (e.g. the "disc" button) do not do what they say they do.
4) Navigation is inferior to both Garmin and TomTom. It will guide you the wrong way on one-way streets and otherwise get you lost.
5) Balky transmission, especially from a stoplight. Transmission does not drop down to 1st promptly, so when you start again, the transmission is caught off-balance in 2nd or 3rd. The subsequent hesitation followed by "clunk" and "screech!" scares both the driver and passengers.
Overall, this is a very comfortable, mechanically sound car. But the ergonomic quirks and balky transmission are not acceptable in a car of this price. Toyota and Honda gets this right in their plebian models -- what's wrong with MB?
12 out of 15 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
( What's this? )