2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class User Reviews
ML63 AMG shown
- $47,270 - $96,100
- No trim specified for this review
- Comfortable controlled ride. High quality interior. Quiet for a SUV.
- Annoying sound system, GPS gets you lost, balky transmission.
Purchased As New
Bought a 2013 ML350 4Matic in Sep 2012 as an addition to a '97 4Runner and '02 Pathfinder. It has the P01 package, Harman Logic7 sound, MB-tex, and AWD. Readers be aware that despite what Yahoo thinks, there are actually 2WD and AWD versions.
Comfortable, controlled ride, which is impressive as it weighs about 1200lbs (!) more than my 4Runner. Quiet at highway speeds. Interior pleather feels like real leather. Steering is very light but accurate, not floaty. Easy to drive long distances in this thing. Upgraded sound system is excellent from an audio standpoint, clunky ergonomics aside. Better than my Infinity/Alpine aftermarket setup in my 4Runner.
There are multiple ergonomic and electronic quirks that are very annoying if these things are important to you.
1) Backup camera only functions when radio is on. Why?!?
2) Shifter is on the steering column where the wiper stalk usually is. Takes a lot of getting used to.
3) There are 4 different button clusters for audio controls (2 on steering wheel, one on upper console, one on lower console) but only ONE location (and the hardest to reach) will allow you to do both at the same time. Some buttons (e.g. the "disc" button) do not do what they say they do.
4) Navigation is inferior to both Garmin and TomTom. It will guide you the wrong way on one-way streets and otherwise get you lost.
5) Balky transmission, especially from a stoplight. Transmission does not drop down to 1st promptly, so when you start again, the transmission is caught off-balance in 2nd or 3rd. The subsequent hesitation followed by "clunk" and "screech!" scares both the driver and passengers.
Overall, this is a very comfortable, mechanically sound car. But the ergonomic quirks and balky transmission are not acceptable in a car of this price. Toyota and Honda gets this right in their plebian models -- what's wrong with MB?
12 out of 15 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Other People Also Viewed
People that viewed the 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class also viewed these cars
Compare these cars to the 2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Mercedes-Benz News & Articles
Mercedes-Benz reinvents the automobile
The Mercedes-Benz F-CELL gives U.S. customers the option of going completely off the grid.Read Full Review
Mercedes-Benz S400 Review: Electrified Flagship
While the top-selling hybrid-powered vehicle remains the 50 mpg Toyota Prius at a modest $23,000, a ...Read Full Review
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter gets 4x4 variant for all-weather deliveries [w/videos]
I spend a lot of time trying to convince my friends and colleagues that the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter i...Read Full Review
Mercedes-Benz Shows Off CLA 45 AMG in a Handsome Racing Suit
Mercedes-Benz has made sure to market its CLA as the sporty, fun, new sedan we’ve all been longing...Read Full Review
- More Mercedes-Benz News & Articles