2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid User Reviews
- Not Available
- No trim specified for this review
- Great fuel economy, peppy/fun drive, excellent warrantee, great safety features, cool electronics
- A little slow off the line, brakes take getting used to
I chose the Mercurey Mariner Hybrid because I still wanted an SUV, but could no longer tolerate the 13.8 MPG I was getting on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Mariner was also $9K less than a similarly equiped (fully loaded) Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
Although a little slow off the line, the Mariner is peppy, responsive and fun to drive. It drives more like a V6, given the electric boost. Passing is no problem. MPG does depend on how you drive - more conservatively gives you better MPG. I average between 28 and 30 MPG in mixed metro driving. Using the cool MPG graphic on the Nav/info screen helps you to tame your driving habits to achieve maximum MPG. I noticed it takes about 3500 miles to "brake it in" as I get much better fill up to fill up MPG averages lately since my 01/06 purchace.
The brakes have a little more slack then normal brakes, which takes some getting used to. This is because braking is what recharges the battery and why it gets better mileage in the city than on the highway.
Finally, to encourage confidence in the technology, it comes with an 8 year / 100k mile warrantee on the entire drive train including all Hybrid components, with 3/36 bumper to bumper on everything else. All in all, I'm very pleased with this vehicle.
28 out of 30 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.