2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid User Reviews
- Not Available
- Beautiful inegration of Gas & Electric. Nice looks, great gas mileage.
- A little pricey. But you get what you paid for.
I never drove a hybrid before. I was apprehensive about this purchase because one wasn't available for a test ride. I took the plunge because of great incentives from the dealer. Boy was I surprized! This is a great car. The transition from electric to gas and back again is seamless. Driving below 25 mph, with a light throttle, keeps it in electric mode. The quietness is incredible. When the engine cuts in, it's very adequate. The constanly Variable Transmission is awesome (No shifts). The Navigation screen is on the small side but it's very clear and the system works flawlessly. It performs a bunch of neat fucntions besides navigation. The overall construction appears to be excellent. This is probably the nicest car I've owed. I tend to keep my vehicles for a while. So I hope the durability is there. I did considerable reseach on Hybrids, before I bought. I was most impressed with the Escape/Mariner SUVs....read morehide
20 out of 21 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Heated leather seats
- Rough ride, very small glove compartment, tiny hangers, navigation system gave wrong directions.
I could have gotten a much nicer car for the money I spent. I've stuck with Ford for many years but I'm done. I've been back at the dealership several times since I've purchased it earlier this year.
7 out of 25 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very smooth at low speeds and almost seamless interface between the two power sources.
- Fuel efficiency much lower than advertised (about 27 mpg in all-around)
Generally satisfied with the vehicle, but disappointed that promised fuel efficiency not being realized. Also, after I purchased the vehicle I found that it does not have an outside temperature gauge. I am now looking for one that I can perhaps add to the outside rearview mirror. The navigation system was difficult to initialize but now seems to work well....read morehide
13 out of 15 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- comfortable, roomy, just took trip to Maine with four adults and had plenty of room.
- Brakes sometimes grab when wet. Only gets 30.4 mpg city on a good day but 32 hyway.
Great little car but the fuel economy is misleading. Only can get 30.4 city on a good day but it does get up to 32 mph on trips if your by yourself and go the speed limit. Just went on trip to Maine with four adults and loaded with suitcases and drove way over speed limit and still got 24-25 mpg. I can live with that. Wish Mercury would be more honest with fuel ratings. After owning this 2007 for four months I'm getting 29-30 city and 31-32 hyway. That's real world folks!...read morehide
13 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- Good fuel economy, navigation system great, love the 2-tone leather, a beauty!
- None so far
So far no problems, the car is so stylish and comfortable. So far I am still filling my tank the same amount as with my previous car, but I read it takes approx 3,500 miles for the car to be even more fuel efficient. I never see ANYONE with this car on the road, I love that!
7 out of 9 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fuel economy, first tank between highway and city 450 miles. Nice ride, comfortable for all
- Wish we bought it sooner
Execellent !! CVT transmisson is flawles. Different sounds from switching gas to electric make it unigue,different and fun to drive. The Nav system is user friendly and colorful.
10 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- great ride flawless switching between electric and gas
- winding sound when braking from electric motors turning into generators for the battery recharging
This car has more head room than my mountaineer and almost as much as my navigator the navagation system works great and its power flow diagram is very interresting to watchand instead of paying nearly a #100 a week its less than $ 40 for gas
25 out of 25 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Hybrids
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.