2008 Mercury Mariner User Reviews
Premier 4X2 shown
- $9,727 - $12,127
- No trim specified for this review
- Appearance, great fuel economy, handling & great performance for 4 cylinder
- Rear window view is small, rear headrest restrict rear mirror view; wish I had picked a model with c
Overall we are very satisfied with the Mariner. We had researched online, and observed other SUV's on the h ighways for months before making a decision to go with Ford. The Ford Escape was our #1 choice but when we did a test drive of the Escape and then the Mariner we chose the Mariner. It has the appearance of a larger and more expensive SUV and when we asked the salesman to place them side by side at the dealership there was no question The Mariner was more impressive. We now have approximately 3500 miles on the vehicle and the the rear brakes have begun to grind and rub when engaged for a complete stop. It also has a "jump" in the transmission when the vehicle is pulled from PARK to another position. We will find out this week what the dealership has to say about the brake problem! It is a great disappointment to encounter problems with so few miles and especially with brakes! We average 25-26 miles per gallon and love the space in the rear when the seats are reclined. The AC/HEAT system very sufficient. Except for the brake problem I would rate the vehicle 5 star overall. We have driven Mercury vehicles for 20+ years.
0 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.