2008 Mercury Mariner User Reviews
I4 4X2 shown
- $9,727 - $12,127
- No trim specified for this review
- Nice luxury features on a small SUV; good quality; no major problems in first 25,000 miles.
- I wish the steering wheel telescoped, and I miss not having an outside temperature gauge.
In early 2007 I decided to downsize, as I no longer needed to haul as much as my old minivan did. So I researched SUV's, favoring the smaller ones. The Mercury Mariner, especially for the price, is head & shoulders above all others, foreign or domestic. I purchased a loaded 6-cylinder Premier model, which has great engine "pep" and nearly 22 mpg (mostly highway miles). It looks luxurious, and has many features usually only found in a much more expensive vehicle. I'm a big man (6'-2.5", 240 lbs.), so I was concerned about having enough room in a smaller vehicle. Although I wish my Mariner had more positions for the tilt wheel (mainly higher!), and that the wheel telescoped, I have never really felt "cramped", even on long trips. I've had my Mariner now for 16 months, putting nearly 26,000 miles on it, and to date I have had ZERO mechanical problems. Oh, another small "negative" is that the back seat headrests must be detached when folding down the back seats in order to create more storage space. But the headrests fit nicely on the backseat floorboard. So IMO this is a small inconvenience for such a roomy storage area in a small SUV.
BOTTOM LINE: If you're in the market for a small SUV, look at Mariner!
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.